Wingnut Wings AEG (Early) 588/17

Hello, all. It has been a long haul but the AEG is now finished. I feel as if I pushed myself with the level of research, conversion and scratch building I did on this build. In the process, I did a lot of cussing, but learned a lot. Thanks for the encouragement along the way. One note: just as I was finishing up, I heard from Richard Alexander at WnW that the wing roots were actually metal, not wooden, as I have shown them. I thought long and hard about repainting them but the scratch built hardware and cables are really delicate and I didn't want to chance breaking any of them in the removal process. So, let's just agree that this particular AEG was an experimental version with wooden wing roots. I can live with that.  

PS I took it to the MFCA show in Philadelphia last weekend and was pleased to garner a gold medal. (I missed winning Best In Show in the Ordnance Division by one point! Rats! I won it in 2016 with my HB W12 and will do it next year!!)

Eyd76H.jpg

5cAMi7.jpg

ur6sfN.jpg

DVWkEf.jpg  PRWl8i.jpg  ljs2BU.jpg  A3Mm2V.jpg 3Tw2kg.jpg

As some of you know, this AEG will become part of a diorama now re-titled The ANZACS and the AEG. I've also finished the Thornycroft Lorry for the scene and am now in further planning stages. (The Lorry took a bronze medal at the show and, considering that it was  my first build of something wingless, I was pretty tickled!)

6TGOHF.jpg

4onc37.jpg

Thanks for having a look!

Cheers from NYC,

Michael

Guest Peterpools

Michael

Superbly done and a very unusual way of presenting a WNW kit.

Congratulations on the awards - so very well earned.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Peter

Another work of art!

I do hope you are going to include some of the "g'day mates" in the diorama. Regardless, looking forward to seeing it all together...

Sean

Thanks, Sean....indeed, the subtitle of the scene will be, "G'day. Mamzelle".......I'll let you guess at the meaning!

Cheers from NYC,

Michael

Masterfully executed my friend. Simply brilliant!

Congratulations on every single award you won at the show they are well deserved.

As Gaz said we were wondering why you went off the radar lately. It's great to have you back.

Karim!