1/48 Kinetic Hawker Harrier T4

Stevepd

Hi there I finished this some 4 weeks ago and have not had the opportunity to photograph it. Now I can ruin a decent model in one click and as you can tell it's not my thing!. I bought this at Telford SMW 2017 and it was one of those I had to have it as I normally buy 2nd hand kits. It goes together quite well and I'm pleased although it's tiny in scale and I had doubts at the beginning but I have vowed to leave 1/48 to the experts, I simply find it too small to make it an enjoyable build. Anyway some crappy photos to humour you with. Ignore the base as it's 1/32 and the only one I've got.

41358976934_7c97065af1_z.jpgIMG_0612 by Stephen Priestley-Dean, on Flickr

41358977514_b7c3a16d99_z.jpgIMG_0611 by Stephen Priestley-Dean, on Flickr

40270949280_a3a7af497b_z.jpgIMG_0610 by Stephen Priestley-Dean, on Flickr

41358977884_45fe67ba67_z.jpgIMG_0609 by Stephen Priestley-Dean, on Flickr

28205979938_ffdcb55f41_z.jpgIMG_0608 by Stephen Priestley-Dean, on Flickr

Thanks for looking Steve.

Edited by Stevepd

That's a nice looking Harrier, which always look good with the LRMTS 'dolphin' nose and wraparound camouflage.

An issue of first generation Harriers with both pointy and dolphin noses are sorely lacking in 1/32, which is a pity as its petite size

would really suit the scale. Nice to see Kinetic catering so well to the 1/48 guys, all the same.

• 2 months later...

Hi everyone this has had a bit of a revival. The FOD covers are filler, I put 10thou plasticard behind it and filled it as the bags have a texture to them and I was able to mould them when it was going off. This was my second to last build of 1/48 kits and it's a great kit with some fantastic builds out there but old eye dictate 32 from now on.

Steve.