Revell/Tamiya P-51 build

A bit of test fitting. Not bad! It will take a little more "adjusting" to get it just right but it shouldn't be a lot. Details soon.

6vhD4O7.jpg

2hvNzpp.jpg

dxfHnqb.jpg

John

Fit sure looks good to me. hands of a surgeon

Keep 'em comin

Peter

The upper wings fit pretty well. The underside where the scoop is will require some surgery but nothing really drastic.

Hello John, ‘just checked in and wow! You are at it already. Looks like great fun and nice model building. If my HC. P51A to B/C conversion works out then I could have another set of wings laying around. Franken-stangs rock.

Rick

LOL It's coming right along with no big headaches (so far). You can bet someone will want those wings! :)

Excellent result John. Good to see that your idea was right on the money.

I figured it would work. I still have a bit of work to do to mate the wings to the fuselage. Right now it's the wheel well that needs some "adjustments". Shouldn't be too big of a chore. :)

As a mere kit assembler, I am looking forward to seeing how you do your "adjusting" to get the fit right. I suspect, I will have a lot to learn.

I take photos as I go along and will post them as needed. The wheel well area appears to be the most "fiddly" area so far. Stay tuned. :)

Okay, here we are. Wheel wells sorted out. Bear in mind the wings and under nose section are just taped in place but this will give you a good idea as to how this area looks. Far from perfect but adequate for this build. Should be downhill from here. Mostly just cleaning up seams, etc.

UxPsvcW.jpg

5FnanOr.jpg

YuSIsFW.jpg

VLTdkXP.jpg

wwrXleL.jpg

VTZdYna.jpg

26heUYx.jpg

Edited by Guest