Bf 109 F4 in Regia Aeronautica service

AceofClubs

Hi All. Unfortunately my Israeli F4 E is in zero growth! I think it is a too much ambitious project for my modelling capabilities.

So I start a new project: a Bf F-4 in Regia Aeronautica service using the excellent 1/32 Hasegawa kit no. ST31 dedicated to Marseille F-4 Trop.

ccPOToJ.jpg

My a/c belongs to 150° Gruppo Autonomo Caccia Terrestre, 363° Squadriglia based at Sciacca (near Catania, Sicily) airfield in may 1943. It was considered the personal mount of Ten. A. Camaioni even if it was used for training duties, too.

Here the only existing picture:

uK2HPeB.jpg

and a colour profile I found on the net:

nx7EOpr.jpg

The a/c attracted me for its desert camouflage toned down by mottles sprayed with Italian Grigio Chiaro on upper fuselage and on upper wings together with obliterations of Luftwaffe codes. 

The only after market I'll use are:

- 17 mm gun from Master Model (very very nice)

- Propeller and spinner from Barracuda

- Stencil from Montex

- Dials from Air Scale

Hope you like the project.

Ciao

Filippo

Great subject and interested to see how this goes... especially the modification of the Luftwaffe desert scheme. You may have an issue with the Airscale decals not matching exactly with the raised gauge details on the kit instrument panel.

You can call me John, Filippo.  I'm not sure it would make a difference... MDC vs. Airscale.  I doubt that the MDC decals would line up any better than the Airscale decals.  I don't think I'd try to use either on the kit instrument panel.  Why not use instrument panel decal that is included in the kit.  If that is not good enough, I'd think about replacing it altogether.

Here is the Yahu instrument panel for 109G.

YAHA3203-2.jpg