Shizuoka hobby show - any new LSPs (aside from Wingnut)?

seiran01

No hint of a Tamiya 1/32 kit that I can find anywhere. They have a 1/48 f-14D as their featured new aircraft release. I suspect at this point there will be no new 1/32 kit unless they would announce something in the fall. Usually though if they do a new one this is the show where it is announced.

I was hopping for updates from Zoukei but I don't see anything yet. Hopefully we will see something interesting tomorrow from someone on the 1/32 front.

Anyone here familiar with Andy from Andy's Hobby Headquarters?  He has a model channel on Youtube and he owns a hobby shop in the Phoenix area.

He said recently he has been hearing that Tamiya is cooling on 1/32 aircraft projects and going more for 1/48 in the future, as they can develop/get to market three 1/48 projects for every single 1/32 project.

I have no idea how accurate this rumor is, but it sounds about right to me.

The 1/48 F-14D should be pretty cool, but I know a lot of folks here only build in 1/32 scale.

The Ki-45 is really beginning to take shape. I'm so looking forward to that one.

I'd like one, but I don't really go for having every panel open and if you buy something like this for 300 bucks, it's just a waste to button it all up. 

I'd like one, but I don't really go for having every panel open and if you buy something like this for 300 bucks, it's just a waste to button it all up. 

The only way I'll get one, is as a review sample, otherwise I'll probably never have one either.

Guest Peterpools

Seeing what tamiya has on offer for this year, I'm not surprised as to the 1/48 F-14D Tomcat. I'm working my way through their 1/48 F-14A and it was apparent from step one in the instructions, a Super Tomcat was coming.

Peter

Guest Smitty44

Stoked on the new Starfighter release for sure, but I was wondering what has become of the Revell Super Bug. There were some other new Revell of Germany stuff in there. C'mon guys!

Anyone here familiar with Andy from Andy's Hobby Headquarters?  He has a model channel on Youtube and he owns a hobby shop in the Phoenix area.

He said recently he has been hearing that Tamiya is cooling on 1/32 aircraft projects and going more for 1/48 in the future, as they can develop/get to market three 1/48 projects for every single 1/32 project.

I have no idea how accurate this rumor is, but it sounds about right to me.

The 1/48 F-14D should be pretty cool, but I know a lot of folks here only build in 1/32 scale.

I almost clicked the like button on this. I decidedly do not “like†this post, however I know about Andy's Videos and he gets a lot of Tamiya new releases before anyone else so if he says it, I would find that credible as he has become very close from outside appearances to Tamiya. I also find such a statement to be believable on the general principle of what was said in the quote, but highly disappointing. I think it is a realistic assessment of where the 1/32 market is. As a result I can see how we might not see another 1/32 Tamiya for quite a while. I guess we should all be prepared because if Tamiya is not going to do anything, they are not going to tell us directly.

I almost clicked the like button on this. I decidedly do not “like†this post, however I know about Andy's Videos and he gets a lot of Tamiya new releases before anyone else so if he says it, I would find that credible as he has become very close from outside appearances to Tamiya. I also find such a statement to be believable on the general principle of what was said in the quote, but highly disappointing. I think it is a realistic assessment of where the 1/32 market is. As a result I can see how we might not see another 1/32 Tamiya for quite a while. I guess we should all be prepared because if Tamiya is not going to do anything, they are not going to tell us directly.

Given the price and complexity of the 1/32 kits these days, maybe less is more. The release schedule in the recent past, taken as a whole, was quite bonkers. I missed out on quite a few kits due to the deluge.

Maybe Tamiya will come back to 1/32, though it is very slow to change existing products the way Hasegawa often does. The updated F-14 and F-15 jet kits were the exception. C'mon Tamiya, three noses, cockpit 'scopes and some antennae and you can have a three-in-one Mosquito NF boxing.

I know I'll never get a 1/32 Empire Flying Boat, but I'd be very happy with a 1/48 scale one. Ditto a Halton and Ju 52 with floats.

Tony

I can't believe that Tamiya won't release a bomber nose Mosquito. I can see them not doing any more Spits, Mustangs, or Corsairs, but can't see them stopping the Mossie at just one, at least to get some more sales from the mold.