B-17G Little Miss Mischief

Uncarina

Here are a few more factory photos that may be useful, good luck with your build !!!

">http://UD0LCEO.jpg

">http://ulhzmuD.jpg

Patrick, thanks very much for sharing these! I will definitely refer to them a great deal.

I really want a B-17G, i'm just struggling with parting £300 for the kit!  :whistle:

You may have seen these before.... some of Mr.Parkers. Good luck with the build! 

22942014822_ce315eebfa_o.jpg

22767415690_226c665098_o.jpg

Radders, thanks! I have his book, but hadn't seen his build from these perspectives.

Inspiration to us all. Fantastic efforts here Tom. This is going to be an awesome tread. Thanks for sharing!

Troy

Troy, thanks for checking in and for your support! As I mentioned before, I'm learning a great deal as this build progresses.

Cheers, Tom

Thanks, Carl! Pretty easy: I used gap-filling CA, which gave me time to adjust. This method is a LOT faster and tidier than sculpting with Milliput or the equivalent, and I filled any gaps with aluminum cut to size. Once these were burnished they blended nicely.

Cheers, Tom

Guest Maxim

If you go to your local Hardware such as Home Depot in the States or Bunnings in Aus and go to the A/C department were they sell ducting etc for internal A/C. There's a aluminum foil tape that they use to seal the ducts and it's adhesive backed. I use it all the time.

Like your progress and the side panels look good.

Maxim.

If you go to your local Hardware such as Home Depot in the States or Bunnings in Aus and go to the A/C department were they sell ducting etc for internal A/C. There's a aluminum foil tape that they use to seal the ducts and it's adhesive backed. I use it all the time.

Like your progress and the side panels look good.

Maxim.

Maxim, thanks, good idea!

Tom,

Great update and another great use for foil.

Thanks for sharing!

GAz

Gaz, thank you!

Cheers, Tom

I've been working on various areas while I waited for my bronze green paint to arrive, Tamiya XF-11 J.N. Green, using the Eduard Interior and Front Interior photoetch. The Master Details order also arrived, and I will be using their control columns:

SAaUro4.jpg

I love the flexible O2 hoses they provide, and look forward to using more of their items during this build. I scratchbuilt the walkways in the rear cockpit, scribed the front deck, then added Uschi knotless wood decals. Next I will be focusing on finishing the cockpit.

Cheers, Tom

FUd8nNa.jpg

AwxtDFS.jpg

c9Q8VQ5.jpg

wOAfPUO.jpg

sRD02qJ.jpg

Edited by Uncarina

Looks great so far. Just an info and I hope it isn't too late..., the nose section aft bulket was natural aluminium, not green. And I would remove the eduard round photoetch part above the chin turret. That cover was only installed after the war was over. It looks like Eduard used actual flying B-17‘s or museum birds for as a reverence.

During the war, it was just a clear cover in order to look into into the chin turret.

Minor nitpick but since you seem interested in accuracy as much as possible, the padding on either side of the cockpit that you so diligently applied should be olive drab in color.  Again, not a huge issue but just so you know. Just an FYI, the padding on bulkhead three (as you can see in the above photo of the navigator's station) should be olive drab as well...with silver buttons fastening it to the unpainted bulkhead. :thumbsup: :clap2: Nice work so far... I keep checking in and watching the progress.

Edited by Juggernut