B-17G Little Miss Mischief

Uncarina

Maxim,

ThanksI It's my first time using the Uschi decals. They behave the same as Aviattics offerings: very tough, flexible, and easy to use, especially with Microsol. I used a Tamiya Deck Tan and Quickshine undercoat.

Cheers, Tom

Looks great so far. Just an info and I hope it isn't too late..., the nose section aft bulket was natural aluminium, not green. And I would remove the eduard round photoetch part above the chin turret. That cover was only installed after the war was over. It looks like Eduard used actual flying B-17‘s or museum birds for as a reverence.

During the war, it was just a clear cover in order to look into into the chin turret.

Thanks again for checking in on my build and keeping me honest. It took a little digging on my part and I realized I used the wartime-era pics in post #43 as a reference for the bulkhead and turret cover, though in the latter case I did take a guess.

Cheers, Tom

Thanks again for checking in on my build and keeping me honest. It took a little digging on my part and I realized I used the wartime-era pics in post #43 as a reference for the bulkhead and turret cover, though in the latter case I did take a guess.

Cheers, Tom

Your picture from post #43 shows exact the clear version of that area. But due to the reflections...it is hard to see.

Maybe this picture helps a little bit more. I made the same error. Because I used many books and my images from the actual fliyng bombers. But after I finished that area, I realized that it was wrong to cover that area with a plate.

So I removed it and reworked it.

OTr7gg.jpg

I opened that area and scratchbuild the ring and the gun mount on my B-17.

After you open that area, you can see small parts of the inner side of the chin turret.

So you have to add a few details into that turret too.

I hope it is ok to post that images in your WIP topic, but it is easier for me to describe what I mean.

If not, let me know and I will remove that images.

As you can see in my images...that area is still under construction.

Cheers Kai

GS0zW7.jpg

zVLuiX.jpg

vzwVCL.jpg

vEXXTy.jpg

Kai,

That is some beautiful work! Thanks for sharing this and the reference photos. I know I'm not alone in appreciating this, since I haven't yet seen any builds that captured this detail.

Cheers, Tom

Thanks Tom, I am glad you like it. Since I was a little kid, I love the B-17G. She is such an awesome Bomber.

I made several changes on the HK model. But she is on hold right now because I will finish my F-16 first.

So an own WIP topic doesn`t make sence right now, because I will not move on on my Lady until Aug or Sept.

But if you need anything else...please let me know. I made many, many images of the B-17.

I am working as a technical engineer for the B747-8 so I am often in touch with the Boeing guys.

I managed to get a lot of good informations and manuals from the B-17G and friends of mine operate the B-17G Yankee Lady.

I flew several times with that Lady in order to do some images.

I will follow your topic. She looks awesome so far. Good job Tom.

Cheers Kai

I made that image during an engine test run after we replaced an cylinder on Eng # 2

ACHY0T.jpg

I made these Air to Air images over Lake Erie, when we returned from Grosse Ile to Willow Run

puyhlh.jpg

RgItma.jpg

Kai,

I am looking forward to seeing you work your magic with this kit! In the meantime, thank you for your kind offer. At least half of the fun of this hobby for me is the learning curve, and it is definitely on an upward trajectory with this build! Also, thanks for sharing those beautiful photos.

I'm working on correcting the front deck today, and will post an in progress pic soon. Feel free to critique as you see fit!

Sincerely, Tom

Harv,

You are very kind! This was mostly selective brushpainting with Testors Metallizer, Archers rivets, Flory wash, and some random pieces of plastic, with a short section of a sawed-off brush handle. Thanks for your support!

Cheers, atom