B-17G Little Miss Mischief

Uncarina

Some tremendous work here for sure

Brian, thanks for your support! The kit has been a blast to put together.

Beautiful detail Tom.

Martin, thanks! I am just assembling and adding the aftermarket, with just a little scratchwork thrown in.

Cheers, Tom

Tom, what did you use for the wood flooring? If I may ask.

Gerhard, of course! Ask away. I used the Uschi decals: https://www.uschivdr.com/shopping-categories/shop-wood-grain-decals/

They are extremely forgiving: tough and flexible. Also translucent, so I used Tamiya deck tan with a gloss overcoat. Playing with the under color can really change the appearance of the same decals.

Cheers, Tom

Edited by Uncarina

With this post I want to salute HK Models. As some of you know, the rear wing spar creates an ugly and inaccurate step at the forward end of the radio compartment of the B-17G release. I wasn't looking forward to correcting this, as removing the step weakens the spar. The design team corrected this with the E/F release, and in my G kit. Compare the kit parts, especially L19 and O26 in the instructions with the actual parts:

kDdAVgN.jpg

HK models not only corrected an inaccuracy with a subsequent release, they retrofitted the correction to a previous release. Bravo HK models! There are still corrections awaiting however. Check out the E/F part M1 on the left with the inaccurate G counterpart on the right.

wwJCoRG.jpg

0mmx90Q.jpg

The latter was based on a restored B-17. The ammo feed is mounted on the wall, preventing the ball turret from rotating. I will need to remove this. Stay tuned!

Cheers, Tom

Edited by Uncarina

Great work, Tom!

Something useful for when you come to add the doors back onto the radio room bulkheads... the rear bulkhead door has the hinges on the wrong side. If you're looking forward to the rear radio room bulkhead as if standing on the ball turret, the hinges should be on the left. If memory serves me correctly, HK moulded them on the right so they need flipping over.

Tom

Guest Peterpools

Tom

Nice work on the bulkhead and thanks for the heads up on the part fix with the older G kit. Is there a way to know which kit actually has the retrofit?

Keep ‘em comin

Peter