B-17G Little Miss Mischief

Uncarina

Guest Peterpools

Tom

Geez .. Outstanding work and as all the pieces start to come together, the Fortress is taking on a whole new personality.

Keep 'em comin

Peter

• 2 weeks later...

Looking great!!

One question, having read through the entire thread I see conflicting info re the bulkhead that divides the pit from the front end, the pic that appears in the thread shows it to be green on the front side but info supplied suggests that it was natural metal. Which colour should I use?

Cheers

Brent

Brent,

Looking great!!

One question, having read through the entire thread I see conflicting info re the bulkhead that divides the pit from the front end, the pic that appears in the thread shows it to be green on the front side but info supplied suggests that it was natural metal. Which colour should I use?

Cheers

Brent

Brent, thanks! I am certainly no expert. I went with the bronze green color due to the photo, and I haven't seen any pics with it in natural metal. I would certainly opt for the latter based on the advice I have received if I had supporting photos, but the picture I have in the thread is the only one I have seen of this area.

Sincerely, Tom

impressive. Such a cool plane.

Thank you! I am loving the build, but with a trip coming up soon I wanted to deviate with a quick shelf of doom rescue which should be completed this week. I appreciate you checking in!

Cheers, Tom

Great work Tom!

I've been offline for a month and it's great to see the progress on your build. Fantastic work on removing the ammunition containers on the bulkhead..... It's not an easy thing to do!

I had no idea HK had corrected that rear spar.... that's excellent! I have two E/F kits and the original G, but hadn't noticed until you mentioned it! Cheers!

Craig

G

Thanks Tom, I am glad you like it. Since I was a little kid, I love the B-17G. She is such an awesome Bomber.

I made several changes on the HK model. But she is on hold right now because I will finish my F-16 first.

So an own WIP topic doesn`t make sence right now, because I will not move on on my Lady until Aug or Sept.

But if you need anything else...please let me know. I made many, many images of the B-17.

I am working as a technical engineer for the B747-8 so I am often in touch with the Boeing guys.

I managed to get a lot of good informations and manuals from the B-17G and friends of mine operate the B-17G Yankee Lady.

I flew several times with that Lady in order to do some images.

I will follow your topic. She looks awesome so far. Good job Tom.

Cheers Kai

I made that image during an engine test run after we replaced an cylinder on Eng # 2

ACHY0T.jpg

I made these Air to Air images over Lake Erie, when we returned from Grosse Ile to Willow Run

puyhlh.jpg

RgItma.jpg

Great pictures, brings back memories flying out of Grosse Isle and willow run.

Found this picture of the right hand crew door and if you'll notice "no rivets" except around the window. https://farm8.static.flickr.com/7414/9228439111_3cf5487f79_m.jpg

Hope this helps! :popcorn:

Thanks! There appears to be some variation with this. I see more rivets on Memphis Belle, for example, during her wartime Bond tour. I wiil take another look at my door.

Cheers, Tom