Sign in to follow this  
Gerhard

In Hospital for 5 days and you guys have leaped ahead

Wow, you guys work fast. I got admitted into hospital last week Thursday with severe GIT bleeding. Got a few days off and going for Gastro scope on Friday to see whats what. So hopefully I can get some bench time in. Doc said I must relax this week and not go back to work, so going to do just that. All happened at about 02:00 AM last Thursday morning when I just got up to go to the loo, and felt I needed to throw up, which I couldnt stop, and it was just blood. Wife rushed me to 24 hrs Emergency where they admitted me on the spot. 

My vital signs were so bad that the staff in the trauma unit told my wife to call the kids if they are close, things dont look good. 

Was a terrible experience. 

Good Grief that sounds scary! Hope the doc gave you some comforting information on what the cause is.

Hope you are on the mend and I hope you have some great news for us Friday!  :thumbsup:

Dan

Good grief Gerhard, that is one scary experience, hope they find the cause pronto.....

My dear departed father had a similar experience years ago with an aortic anurism. The thing that saved his life on that occasion? whiskey.

The consultant said that his habit of having a snifter each evening before bed was just enough to thin his blood so that when the anurism ocurred it didn't burst catastrophically, rather it dripped blood into his lower abdomen. Still enough to cause a collapse but gave him sufficient time to get medical assistance.  

Take it easy, get some building done and most importantly get well soon.

That would be horrifying Gerhard!...truly scary stuff to go through there.

All the best with the results of what caused it.

Cheer's,

Jeff.

I know I'd be scared stiff if that happened to me.  Hopefully the doctors are able to give you a firm diagnosis and that the news is good.

Best wishes for a speedy and complete recovery, sir.

Mike

Guest Smitty44

Holy smokes! Hope things get figured out real soon and you get that taken care of, but in the meantime I prescribe at least two hours a day at the bench.