Looking for a really good 1/32 P-51D at a good price?

Juggernut

eBay had 15% off almost everything coupon couple of days ago making the mentioned Tamiya kit just $83.73. Nothing hidden, just check home page from time to time.

Where did you find a Tamiya 1/32 P-51D Mustang kit for $98.50?  Anyway, that's in the past... Like I said, the least expensive Tamiya 1/32 P-51D I found on Ebay was $119.99... 15% off that would have been: $102.00

Edited by Juggernut

Oh, that was a bid... LOL, not an advertised price.  And still from Japan with economy shipping means no tracking number and takes approximately 30 days.  For the .47 cents, I'll pay for tracking and delivery within a week or two.

Nope, no bids, straight buy. This is a reliable seller and I'm yet to have any package lost. Hope this one won't be first :) I don't mind waiting, having enough kits to build in the meantime.

Still I agree Tamiya offers good deal and I considered buying from them but happened to find this eBay deal.

Edited by Helmsman

Ok, so why save $2.30 and have to wait a month for it to arrive from japan?

Show me where the OP states that there's a time limit. All he mentioned was the cheapest price + shipping. 

D

I like my Tamiya P-51, but I also like my Hasegawa P-51. I learned with complex kits is that just because the come with 1,000 parts, doesn't mean you have to use 1,000 parts. I like keeping the fun in building.

Hi Guys,

I built the Revell kit and it's an enjoyable build. OK, it doesn't have the whistles and bells but it's a surprisingly complete and competent kit, well researched and detailed.

I've got two Tamiya kits but only really opened one up yesterday to see what I could rob to detail a Trumpeter P-51B that I'm fighting with (and it's a battle, it fights back!) and discovered it has both early and late seats. So I've robbed the old style seat as it's way better than the Trumpeter one. A quick look at the Tamiya kit and in a few seconds you can see two things : one, it's a stunner and two, you definitely get your money's worth. Am I going to build it? YES.

Regards,

Bruce Crosby

Wait a minute here Gent's! 

We haven't beating the horse dead yet about all those millions of Tamiya wing rivets!    

Some sly guy now has quickly changed topic on us and wants to talk about a Tamiya P-51 kit price? 

Can't we go back and discuss the Tamiya/ Revell / HK P-51B that is coming out soon? 

humor! 

If I had to do it over again, I would have never done the Revell's. Life is too short to build kits like this.

I learned that lessen a LONG time ago and generally refuse to buy crap kits! 

Too much good stuff out there, especially if you have diverse interests and are not stuck in a single scale.

....., especially if you have diverse interests and are not stuck in a single scale.

STUCK? That would imply that I want to build other scales, but can't. I build a single scale purely by choice. I am not at all stuck, and I am perfectly happy with what is offered in 1/32. There are more kits available in my scale than I will ever buy or build. I could argue that it makes way more sense to pick one scale and potentially build ALL the kits in my small stash in my lifetime, than it does to be STUCK with thousands of them that I will never build. ðŸ˜

Edited by BiggTim

Guest Peterpools

I'm a Tamiya guy, love their kits and have always felt the cost more then equals the precision, detail and enjoyment. I've built four Tamiya Mustangs so far, learned a lot on how the build over the years and plan on building a few more. Ansolutely nothing better then enjoying the hunt for a bargain; of course, I normally find one for a better price after mine is just delivered. Revell Mustang's: easily worth the price and will be building a few as well. In the end, they're all beautiful Mustangs and will be residing on their own shelf in the display case: my miniature museum.

Peter

STUCK? That would imply that I want to build other scales, but can't. I build a single scale purely by choice. I am not at all stuck, and I am perfectly happy with what is offered in 1/32. There are more kits available in my scale than I will ever buy or build. I could argue that it makes way more sense to pick one scale and potentially build ALL the kits in my small stash in my lifetime, than it does to be STUCK with thousands of them that I will never build.

Yeah 110%. Having built other stuff in other scales, I definitely would not use the work stuck for my situation, as its purely by choice that I build only 1/32nd aircraft. I DO have other stuff in my stash, but its either airframes I love that are way too big or non-existent in 32nd  (like my 72nd scale B-70, YB-49, and others) but my stash is non-diverse generally by my own hand/choice having built other things in other scales and not really liked it. 

Agreed on the other scales and being "stuck" too.....................I just have been re-doing my stash with some new storage shelving, and have a pile of 48th and other junk I have to sell, as I just have no interest in them anymore.