Will Revell P-51 wings fit Tamiya kit?

Just fill the bloody rivets on the Tamiya wing!

Is it that hard?

Somewhere in some back office at Tamiya a kit designer is probably doing a huge face palm reading this thread.

Eric

Don't throw rocks at me but I gave the rivets on my P-51D a light wash to make them stand out a bit more...each to his own perhaps?

You give filling the rivets a try and THEN decide.

Whilst the Tamiya Mustang features strongly in my upcoming build list, I certainly wont be...... 

like those people who spend 10 dollars on fuel to travel extra distance in order to get something for 5 dollars less than the shop next door. 

Eric.

Seems like a no brainer....

Option 1; Some Mr surfacer and a bit of sanding on the Tamiya wings.

Option 2; buy a second kit,

Fit Revell wings

Fit Tamiya MLG to Revell bays

Match revell panel lines to

Tamiya (they won't be the same)

Yeah a no brainer, I'm off to the LHS to buy my 2 kits

I'm sure John knows all that.

He should do whatever he wants.

Why should any of you care ?

e13I4iM.gif

Well said Mike. :)

Edited by Guest

Why should any of you care ?

Well presumably the purpose of opening a topic on the subject is to solicit the opinions of others.

I doubt anyone actually 'cares' as such, but it may be of interest which is a different thing altogether.

I'm sure John knows all that.

Why should any of you care?

Nobody does or should care. We do what we want or at least I do. The Topic was started by “askingâ€... which means that there is a high possibility that there will be a few responses especially in a forum. There's is going to probably be some that are liked or not liked. Maybe that's the answer to your question. That's mine anyways. I'm just interested in seeing how it turns out and all the things encountered to do it to one's satisfaction or as they “want to do†it.

A man man walks out into his driveway to change the head gasket on his old Chevy.  While getting what he needs from the garage to work on the car he sees his neighbour 'Bob' next door working in the garden.  Knowing that Bob is pretty good with cars he asks him, "Hey Bob, you know anything about changing the head gasket on my old Chevy?"  

Bob then spends the next hour explaining at length that his neighbour is nuts for even thinking about changing the head gasket on the old Chevy as it's a waste of time and money.  That he was mad to buy a Chevy in the first place when 'everyone' knows that the Ford is better.  Further even if he did just have to have the Chevy then he should have bought the GT model as it was way better.  And anyway, it won't work even if he could get the darn thing changed.

Undaunted the man thanks his neighbour for his 'help' and then quietly proceeds to have an enjoyable afternoon working on his Chevy. 

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: I LIKE it!!!!

Undaunted the man thanks his neighbour for his 'help' and then quietly proceeds to have an enjoyable afternoon working on his Chevy. 

Intended to be all very heartwarming I'm sure, but a better analogy would be if the man decided to try fitting a GM gasket into a Ford engine, just because they're both 2 litre. No doubt the wings or the gasket could both be made to work, but expecting drop-in fits would be unrealistic in either case.

Nobody does or should care. We do what we want or at least I do. The Topic was started by “askingâ€... which means that there is a high possibility that there will be a few responses especially in a forum. There's is going to probably be some that are liked or not liked.

If nobody cared they wouldn't respond. I skip over posts I'm not interested in.

As I've said before on this site (and others) we should all say what we want

as long as it's within the prescribed rules. It's when people don't want to answer

the question but instead imply someone's nuts to even try, even after they've

begun the experiment.

Ok....no problems... content deleted.

Juggernut, I will admit that I'm not quite sure what you're

reason for pointing out the 40% was. My bad.

Guest Maxim

Bravo for John giving it a go. I think many here have wondered but do not want to risk screwing up two kits. I see what John is doing is paving the way for all of us that may want to consider doing the same.

Go John!

Watching with interest.