Sign in to follow this  
dashotgun

the post of the bikes got me thinking how about we post our cars?

59 minutes ago, CATCplSlade said:

Put it in storage up near Mt. Kisko, NY but had to move it when the property was rezoned and while my brother had it down in Florida he decided to drive it after it had been sitting for three years and the fuel line split. The gas ignited on the hot engine and the rear end burned down. Car was 95% complete. He also let the tent get stolen because he didn't lock it up for me.

I would love another bus but they aren't $900 anymore.

That was going to be a nice vehicle! Too bad, but isn't that what brothers are for? :doh:

You are sure right about the prices; I can't believe what old buses are going for now, especially the 17 or 21 window versions.

It’s not exactly new (picked it up on 29 July this year), but here’s my 2019 Honda Insight.  She was the third one sold in Tucson.  Absolutely hands-down the best automobile I’ve ever owned.  Last tank I got 54.8 mpg around town in Tucson with it.  I love driving past the gas station!

:)

REDclY.jpg

8 hours ago, Jennings Heilig said:

It’s not exactly new (picked it up on 29 July this year), but here’s my 2019 Honda Insight.  She was the third one sold in Tucson.  Absolutely hands-down the best automobile I’ve ever owned.  Last tank I got 54.8 mpg around town in Tucson with it.  I love driving past the gas station!

:)

REDclY.jpg

Color looks familiar!

67_Vette_1.JPG.45136eeee0a7558a624c554cd51aa40d.JPG

Last tank I got about 54.8 mpg! (Ok, closer to 9).

1 hour ago, Out2gtcha said:

Daaaaaaaaam Ray, is that an honest to goodness split window?!??

Tsk, tsk. Will have to take your car identification diploma away from you.:P The hood id's the Vette as a '67. The split window was only on the first year, 1963. Although, I must admit I have seen customs done for all mid-years with the '67 hood. But, no, mine does not have a split window. This has been restored as close as possible to factory 1967 with a 427 L71 Tripower engine. 4-speed, heavy duty rear-end, side pipes. Fun car to drive and LOUD! Everyone takes notice.:D

6 minutes ago, CATCplSlade said:

My dad had a '67. On trips to the drive-in my brother and I had to ride in the trunk with two folding lawn chairs.

Not the best way to experience a Corvette.

Lol ! 

Not the best familly car ! :D

8 minutes ago, CATCplSlade said:

My dad had a '67. On trips to the drive-in my brother and I had to ride in the trunk with two folding lawn chairs.

Not the best way to experience a Corvette.

Lol!

My sister-in-law did the same to her kids riding around in a 79!

1 hour ago, LSP_Ray said:

Tsk, tsk. Will have to take your car identification diploma away from you.:P The hood id's the Vette as a '67. The split window was only on the first year, 1963. Although, I must admit I have seen customs done for all mid-years with the '67 hood. But, no, mine does not have a split window. This has been restored as close as possible to factory 1967 with a 427 L71 Tripower engine. 4-speed, heavy duty rear-end, side pipes. Fun car to drive and LOUD! Everyone takes notice.:D

Yep, my brothers buddy had his 68 customized w/a split window after it was wrecked. 427 and lake pipes are always fun!  A close friend had a Cobra repro w/lake pipes and a big block, and it was fun to the point of being dangerous. 

3 hours ago, LSP_Ray said:

This is probably the only split -window 'Vette I'll ever own.

3 hours ago, LSP_Typhoonattack said:

What is really cool is this kit:

s-l1600.jpg

It has very nearly the exact options my car has! And yes, I have this kit!

43 minutes ago, Jennings Heilig said:

Why would you care what’s behind you?

That's right: Italian rule of racing. What has made the split window so sought after is the rarity of it. Many owners, once they changed the window to one piece in 1964, had their window replaced with the new style due to the lousy vision. I have to admit, the full glazed rear doesn't have the greatest view either, but at least I can see straight back!

2 hours ago, Ryan said:

Here is my...yawn...Honda Ridgeline...yawn.

45750582951_225b447f61_c.jpg

I actually miss my 2006 redrock pearl Ridgeline!  Im not sure about the new re-design, but my older ridgeline was a lot of fun, and the tail-gate setup was functional cool too.