Sign in to follow this  
dashotgun

the post of the bikes got me thinking how about we post our cars?

This is is better than any adult website... :P

Btw thats a comercial garage right? I.e this is your job/business?

Naah, that's my garage/shop below my house. Not a job, just another of my hobbies. Holds nine cars, or right now 7 cars, a small Airstream, a lift, and a bunch of lumber cut from some trees that went down during a storm. I have some models stored down there, too.

Naah, that's my garage/shop below my house. Not a job, just another of my hobbies. Holds nine cars, or right now 7 cars, a small Airstream, a lift, and a bunch of lumber cut from some trees that went down during a storm. I have some models stored down there, too.

Oh my im jealous. Those cars all look amzing did you restore them yourself

Thanks Neo!  What goes around comes around....   I loved that Duster I have to say...

The WRX is a bit quirky, not quite up with all the latest electronic mods (no Apple CarPlay or Android Auto) but it is very comfortable, quick enough to get me in trouble fast if I don't watch it,  and the Subaru world is very friendly.  I can't tell you how many people have stopped me to me ask about this car.  It is just fun, and I can use some of that right now. 

Chris

Posted (edited)

That's why i prefer the lines of the Challenger rather than the Mustang. Very modern but very retro at the same time in my opinion, i really like what Dodge did with this car. Love it !

The modern Charger is cool but have nothing in common with the first Charger generations, though.

You are a man after my own heart - I would LOVE to own one of the 70 TA Challengers (or 440 RT, or Hemi.....) .  Lovely cars they are - great lines...  The new ones are ok. but I tried to sit in the back of a new one and kept hitting my head on the ceiling, ditto on the Mustangs.  NO backseat to speak of.  Oh, and I'm not even 5'8" so not like I'm a giant or anything...

Edited by CANicoll

On 5/23/2018 at 7:48 AM, CANicoll said:

You are a man after my own heart - I would LOVE to own one of the 70 TA Challengers (or 440 RT, or Hemi.....) .  Lovely cars they are - great lines...  The new ones are ok. but I tried to sit in the back of a new one and kept hitting my head on the ceiling, ditto on the Mustangs.  NO backseat to speak of.  Oh, and I'm not even 5'8" so not like I'm a giant or anything...

From the entire muscle car era, the '70 Challengers are my absolute all-time favorites. I had an opportunity to buy a '70 R/T convertible (340 or 383, I forget which) many years back, but was unable to pull it off even then.

Oh my im jealous. Those cars all look amzing did you restore them yourself

No, not really.

The 68, yes. The 67 I bought already restored, though I am doing some clean up work and a few changes, like the replica wheels and I need to replace the locks as they are a jumbled mess and I need to fix the odometer still. The 2010 Camaro I bought new and am just modding it. The '87 Porsche I had Porsche dealer do most of the mechanical work as it makes it a selling point. We are doing the paint and interior work, though. Wife's 2004 Vette I am doing/ have done some mods and cleanup myself. The others I bought new and just been playing with them. 

Must admit though a GM guy, I like the 70 Challengers, too. The new ones look good, but a bit off. I read the initial concept car for the new one was about 6" wider and I think they should have kept it that way they do look a bit narrow.

My 2010 Camaro doesn't have a great back seat either; window really close to the head and you need to cut your legs off at the knees. Of course, I am driving so don't care much. ;)

..I was looking for this thread, did a refresh and it showed up on the first page! Thanks Ray.

So I'll probably be getting a new 2018 Accord with a 6 speed for my daily/adult car (instead of the Audi S3 which I've lost all interest -- I want an manual transmission), but this became available and I just had to get it. I can't seem to break the Honda habit! S2000 in LBP. Rare color and it only has 32K miles on the ODO!

9pZrng7.jpg?1

Guest Martinnfb

Nice ride Shaka  :m0152:

car-likes.jpg

..I was looking for this thread, did a refresh and it showed up on the first page! Thanks Ray.

So I'll probably be getting a new 2018 Accord with a 6 speed for my daily/adult car (instead of the Audi S3 which I've lost all interest -- I want an manual transmission), but this became available and I just had to get it. I can't seem to break the Honda habit! S2000 in LBP. Rare color and it only has 32K miles on the ODO!

9pZrng7.jpg?1

Wow ! a great looking cruise around the island on a sunny day ride !!

Hey, somebody spray painted your license plate  :o

;)

Some of you may have noticed i've not been very present those last months. Indeed i was very busy at work and also for other stuff. I will certainly move in a few months, for a larger house, and especially a larger garden to put a large garage.

Why the garage?

Because of that :) 

6Qa2DE6.jpg
4QsBcgG.jpg
2erxK8b.jpg
KQo3kCK.jpg

It's not a show car, but the paint is the original paint applied in the factory in 1971.

It's a 442 1971, with 455ci engine, with W25 ram intake hood option, lime green paint, power windows, AC, jade green interior, and almost everything is original. Only the radio has been changed for a modern one (i may rebuild it as original, but i would change the whole fake wood panel, as it has been cut for the new radio CD).

The interior looks almost new.

I'm very happy with my Olds ! 

I've actually owned only two cars since 1987. The first was a 1969 VW 7-seat bus that I picked up for $900 and then did a partial resto/repaint on:

From this:

2acRraU.jpg

To this:

RrjwmvL.jpg

M1gDJ8f.jpg

Put it in storage up near Mt. Kisko, NY but had to move it when the property was rezoned and while my brother had it down in Florida he decided to drive it after it had been sitting for three years and the fuel line split. The gas ignited on the hot engine and the rear end burned down. Car was 95% complete. He also let the tent get stolen because he didn't lock it up for me.

Second car was an early 1999 Jetta Mk III Wolfsburg Edition that suffered a coolant leak. Was unemployed at the time and couldn't afford a rebuild so it has been sitting in the driveway for about five years now. Currently driving my wife's 2011 Nissan Altima Special Edition.

I would love another bus but they aren't $900 anymore.