Sign in to follow this  
dashotgun

the post of the bikes got me thinking how about we post our cars?

Best friend had a 96, and had nothing but trouble with it consistently, especially the electronics. Hell, even small things were an issue, as he went through two or three hood latches of all things..................The last time the safely catch let go  on the interstate and SMASHED itself against the windshield at about 85 MPH.   Scared the HELL out of both of us, and we nearly took the top of the car off on the shoulder, missing an off-ramp sign by mere feet.

Someone said Elsie?  :)

Apologies to anyone that's seen these before - am a bit of a Lotus nut.

My every day driver - owned 17 years - and currently showing 256,000 miles:

48b427_83195537cfb24db4b3e5118c1373a9a1~

And my Turbo Esprit - that's been sat in the garage last few years - needs a major service at the mo and I haven't had time to sort:

48b427_cf6a946e135646a8b4b87025aee76975~

And the pair of them together:

48b427_5c6c7c54ecce4806b3b41d06902a1d04~

I have a *very* understanding wife!

Iain

The old Esprit really looks dated now, it was rather like the MK 1 Range Rovers, a timeless shape and design that rarely changed throughout their life and remained current until they were replaced or production stopped, it's such a shame Lotus went small with the Elise ( which is more a road legal track car along the lotus 7 lineage ) after it finished Esprit production and never produced a modern supercar to take on Ferrari etc again, as I think they could nail the design.

Though still superb cars.

Edited by TonyT

Mark, that Monte is nice!

Road or oval track?

Hi Shawn,

Oval track. This was my final race car - I played with both Street Stock and Late Model for years but I always liked SS better.  I raced the Monte at the Las Vegas Bullring for 3 years before selling the car and race gear and buying a sailboat. :mental: Yep. Totally logical.  :)

So instead of clicking all the like buttons I'll just say

there are some very nice carriages y'all have.

Being a geezer I gotta love Scott's '66 GT  :speak_cool:

I've got a Range Rover Sport and it's the most comfortable car I've ever owned with go anywhere ability. It's my daily driver having owned some performance cars in the past it's a completely different way of getting there. My wife has a Mercedes SLK 200 AMG Kompressor which is lovely to look at and has the peanut butter interior and a wood effect steering wheel but I find it quite uncomfortable. The ride is fine but the seats!, she loves it. It's actually highlighted that we don't have any photos of the cars.

Steve.

Edited by Stevepd

Guest Maxim

My daily is a 2017 Jeep SRT.6.4Hemi. Pretty standard.

I've got a Range Rover Sport

I had a go / managed to blag a go driving a Range Rover once and was the most frightnening thing I ever did, it was one of these and an early pre service version, it did not have any proper baffling in the tank as we found out blasting it around the peritrack at an RAF airfield after hours, the suspension was soft and as you hit the corner the damn thing leaned like a drunk on a saturday night....... and then the water shifted and it leant some more, and started to slide, it was about that time I was considering my replacement underwear options......

35035.jpg

Edited by TonyT

My current ride, a 2004 Tacoma that's barely broken in, suitably bedecked with placards of my own making (all easily removable)   :)

ZCKH7M.jpg

Lol !

Crazy stencils ! :)

Edited by Zero77

I had a go / managed to blag a go driving a Range Rover once and was the most frightnening thing I ever did, it was one of these and an early pre service version, it did not have any proper baffling in the tank as we found out blasting it around the peritrack at an RAF airfield after hours, the suspension was soft and as you hit the corner the damn thing leaned like a drunk on a saturday night....... and then the water shifted and it leant some more, and started to slide, it was about that time I was considering my replacement underwear options......

35035.jpg

I've heard about the ride and also saw them going on a mess run, all in all a posh 2CV.

Steve.

Guest Martinnfb

Not an iPad friendly site here. Cannot figure this one out. I'll update tomorrow from my PC.

But just washed this one up this evening.

ItBV1r.jpg

My old '64 VW Bug

zkhQXM.jpg

My '73 Z-28 with a 6-71 blower

wPFvYE.jpg

And the reason for my screen name.

Before:

sD6KAb.jpg

And after...

My '73 Z-28 with a 6-71 blower

wPFvYE.jpg

Second generation Camaro with open bumper and big a## sucker is pure sex. :wub:  :wub:  :wub:

Guest Martinnfb

I've had ol' blue for almost 20 years.

DSCN0122a.jpg

Shit-Jeepers-Say-_memes_tweets-2-1024x68