Sign in to follow this  
dashotgun

the post of the bikes got me thinking how about we post our cars?

Well I tried to add a bunch of my old cars I had at one time, but every link form my Image Shack tells me I'm not allowed to use that Image extension here.??  :mental:

I did it!!  I figured this sucker out!!  :frantic:   :frantic:   :frantic:  :m0152:

Edited by ScottsGT

I've had a bunch of cars over the course of time that I don't have any digital photos of.  I've had a 69 Plymouth Fury III, blue, four door, a 73 Plymouth Satellite Sebring Plus, dark brown with gold metalflake, a 72 Mustang Mach 1, "Q" code, red, a 75 Pontiac Firebird, burgundy, 350 4 bbl, a 78 Trans Am, black (no screaming chicken or other decals), T/A 6.6, 4 speed and an anemic 83 Trans Am, black / gold, t-tops with a 5 speed.  I always wanted another Mustang so in 2002, I bought this 2002 Mustang GT, 4.6L, 5 speed.

27080511547_393bb37fe7.jpg

When I retired in 2016, I ordered this 2017 Mustang GT, ruby red, 6 speed.  Only options are a full sized spare and voice activated nav system.

34811907053_0689f74411.jpg

Edited by ax365

I've had a bunch of cars over the course of time that I don't have any digital photos of.  I've had a 69 Plymouth Fury III, blue, four door, a 73 Plymouth Satellite Sebring Plus, dark brown with gold metalflake, a 72 Mustang Mach 1, "Q" code, red, a 75 Pontiac Firebird, burgundy, 350 4 bbl, a 78 Trans Am, black (no screaming chicken or other decals), T/A 6.6, 4 speed and an anemic 83 Trans Am, black / gold, t-tops with a 5 speed.  I always wanted another Mustang so in 2002, I bought this 2002 Mustang GT, 4.6L, 5 speed.

27080511547_393bb37fe7.jpg

When I retired in 2016, I ordered this 2017 Mustang GT, ruby red, 6 speed.  Only options are a full sized spare and voice activated nav system.

34811907053_0689f74411.jpg

Sweet!  Mine was almost a Ruby Red. I ordered the 400a package, spoiler delete, spare tire and 3:55's with the manual trans. I was coming from a Laser Red '95 GT Convertible.  After dropping $1200 twice over 10 years for replacement tops, I had decided enough of the rag tops. Wife talked me into another color since the red '66 was in the garage and the totaled car was red. I wanted yellow, but she objected and told me I was "Too Old" to be driving a yellow car.  :mental:

No Kev, it's a Colorado, midsize 4 door.......Harv

Audi TT 225 Quatro here still chugging along just past 110000 since 2001 when it rolled off the production line, I do not do many miles a year so do its not enough to swop much, indeed I average about 4,000 a year!

Prior to that I had an MR2 MK 2 and only retired that when the clutch went as it was 21 years young so not worth doing, the two cars before however were Supras as in the first post.

Edited by TonyT

Mustangs, do they still handle like carthorses pulling a beer dray with a wobbly wheel?

no they have IRS now and  handle well.  We rented a turbo four when the wife and I were in Marco island.  it was a very nice car.  I love my V8 but the turbo four was fast enough for a  cruiser and got good mileage.  The camaros are the darling of the car magazines,some models are faster and handle better then my vette.  But I think for overall package looks  price the mustang  has it all.  by the way nice caterham.  The Supra was such a cult car after fast and furious.  It is true they were very tuneable.  With just basic modifictions under a few thousand I was able to pick up 125hp( bigger exhaust lose the cats.  A device to up the boost to 18psi( past that you needed to augment the  fuel map or boom).  The car had bad lag though 1st gear no boost 2nd some  but by third I could lose traction spin the wheels.  

Edited by dashotgun

Some very nice cars here. Here's our current stable which isn't very exciting:

IMG_20150611_173416-L.jpg

That's Civic #6 for me. Our car before this one was a brick.

IMG_20150518_155648-L.jpg

Ive also had a '97 Caravan which was great for mountain biking.

My bike collection has a lot more exotica in it. I think I've spent more on them too. Which is a bit disturbing.

Cafl