Revelamiyastang ...

MikeMaben

16 hours ago, shadowmare said:

Very nice work Mike! Wheelbay was actually mostly metal

Thanks Mr.S , from what I've read,  they went with the bare metal bays until there were complaints

about corrosion which lead to the use of ZC on the bottom surface of the upper wing skin.

The top photo in your post shows a painted upper skin. I don't know about time frames but this model is a -15.

This model has plenty of little bugs but I'm just lookin' to gitterdun.

16 hours ago, Bstarr3 said:

Beautiful work, Mike! I especially liked your approach to modulation on the NMF.  How do you find the MRP metallic colors?  They look good from here. 

Thank you Mr.B , the MRP metallics are great with several to chose from  :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...

@Furie

Thanks Denis , it shows what I was talking about regarding clear coating silvers.

With several silvers adjacent to each other, they look different because of the reflectivity

from the light shining on them. If I has clear coated them , the different light reflections

would have become one , making it more monotone. Hope I'm making this understandable.

Thanks again.

Edited by MikeMaben

Hi Mike.

You mentioned this before and I didn't quite understand what you meant.
I think I get it now and you're afraid that a varnish on different metal shades will cancel out all those different shades of metal and turn the P-51 into a dull, monotonous whole.

I just found your P-51 on google :

Revell 1/32 P-51D-15 Mustang "Jersey Jerk" | Large Scale Planes