New HpH DC-3 Pics up!!

Guest Maxim

I really hope that HPH have spent some time building this model that they plan to sell so that they can experience what the customer has to deal with. Having completed a HPH kit (which BTW is one of my favourites in my collection) and having relegated their mega expensive Concorde to the Shelf of Doom, they are complex kits which require a little too much resolve to build for the price paid. Whilst I am comfortable modeling my way out of most  problems, I found myself scratching my head at most stages of the builds thinking ‘WTF are these guys thinking!’....  you really feel as though the test build of the model is left to the customer. So I hope the DC3 is buildable. Will hold off and let someone else go first in this instance.

2 hours ago, ericg said:

....  you really feel as though the test build of the model is left to the customer. 

Truer words never spoken IMHO. I do like HpH kits a lot.....but sometimes they can really sap your modeling will because of certain aspects of the way the kit has been chosen to be engineered.

4 hours ago, chrish said:

It’s almost ready for general public! I’d love to get one but, waay to much dollars for me! Now my next thought, twisted as I am, who’s working on the Basler conversion and floats for it?

Or Ski's...……..

I have been researching the LC-47H, I have an ex VXE-6 one about half an hour away from me.....so tempting

6 minutes ago, Kagemusha said:

The Cat was £550, so it's more. I just got some epoxy glue and a couple of Mig 23BN canopies.

you are right Andy, I forgot that meantime there was price increase by HPH a year ago and if I remember correctly current price is something over 700€, however other retailers are selling it for less e.g. HGW models for 660€

Really was waiting lower price of Dakota, just because it is smaller plane and interior is not so complicated.

I like HPH models a lot but maybe they could run some loyalty program, that if you will finish their kit, you will get 20% of the price back (bonus for all the parts cleaning :D )

jan