Maxim

New HpH DC-3 Pics up!!

On 8/26/2018 at 10:58 PM, John1 said:

Too bad about the botched nose but on the plus side, at least the urinal looks accurate.  

Not sure placing it on the back of a door would not be without consequences.....

In terms of the kit, a few years ago I would have thought it was pretty bloody impressive, and I'd have one for uniqueness, if nothing else.

Now? With the B-25, Ju-88, He-111, He-219, Bf110, P-61, Gotha, AEG, Felixstowe, Mosquito & B-17 already here, and the B-24, B-26, Ki-45 and multiple Lanc's on the way - my multi-engined-multi-person-aeroplane-kit budget has already been seriously compromised.

Doing HpH's Dreaded Walrus didn't enamour me towards HpH, either.

I'm in Love!.......:wub:

Sorry to ask, but what was wrong with the nose?  I think I heard somewhere the windows were too big or something but HpH replied saying it was being corrected with etched window frames....

Cheers in excitement

Anthony

On 10/28/2018 at 4:59 PM, Anthony in NZ said:

I'm in Love!.......:wub:

Sorry to ask, but what was wrong with the nose?  I think I heard somewhere the windows were too big or something but HpH replied saying it was being corrected with etched window frames....

Cheers in excitement

Anthony

This was posted a while back:

37390382_1771051829655135_50510615421753

I'm by no means an expert but to me (and some other posters), the cockpit windows (and the geometry of the nose in general) are badly off.   Maybe they can correct this with different framing?  Just doesn't look right...

I’m surprised they didn’t make that crew acesss door a separate part so you could see at least a tiny bit of the cockpit interior.   Honestly, I’m not sure why they went to the trouble (and cost) of super detailing the nav and radio operators area, none of it will be visible.   

12 minutes ago, John1 said:

I’m surprised they didn’t make that crew acesss door a separate part so you could see at least a tiny bit of the cockpit interior.   Honestly, I’m not sure why they went to the trouble (and cost) of super detailing the nav and radio operators area, none of it will be visible.   

It's HPH common approach John. You will get the details and its up to you how much you want to display of it (nice example was the Kent's amazing cutaway build of PBY). 

I personally would prefer to have option without this compartment details for DC-3 (and save some cash on it) with cabin doors closed, however with C-47 you will see at least something through the small side window and astrodome.

jan