New HpH DC-3 Pics up!!

Guest Maxim

18 minutes ago, Trak-Tor said:

Well, I've asked them today how many 1/48th Peacemakers have they sold.

What do you think was the answer?

Around 200...

Wow! so how many Lancs will sell WNW? thousands? ;)

jan

I do agree with the general sentiment of the group. While the Gooney bird is not my favourite aircraft I can see the appeal.

The model does look fantastic in the flesh and it is extremely detailed.

I have little doubt that the cost is justified given the low (by injection molded model standards) volume and I'm sure that HPH will sell many if not all of their planned production run.

Personally I could n't justify that kind of outlay for a model kit but there are many who are much more commited to the hobby than I and who also have deeper pockets.

I can't wait to see some being built.

Cheers.

already on HPH eshop, price 750€ incl VAT  :shrug:

if you want open the flaps its plus 75€

http://shop.hphmodels.cz/cs/modely-v-meritku-132/204-c-47-skytrain.html

there are instructions to download, where you can see all the parts and steps of assembly. Being familiar with HPH kits instructions looks better than in some previous releases, nice adition are reference pics of interior and I like reference to recomended  MRP paints

C-47 is one of my all time favourite A/C and I want to have one, but not sure if I want to pay so much money for it (one can buy the upcoming WNW Lanc and HB Liberator with some AM for this money)

jan

53 minutes ago, Jan_G said:

C-47 is one of my all time favourite A/C and I want to have one, but not sure if I want to pay so much money for it (one can buy the upcoming WNW Lanc and HB Liberator with some AM for this money)

Having experience with larger HpH kits, and knowing HKM and WnW,  Id say those two would be a much more fun build than the Gooney Bird as well.   Just an educated guess there though. 

Like many others here, I've both seen this at Telford in the flesh (so to speak), yet it's not on my main list of interests.

The quality of the model in real life is extraordinary - that interior is breathtaking - but not for me. The price does raise once more the question of 'How much is too much for models?'. I suppose the answer is 'Whatever people are prepared to pay'. I expect that HpH have done their research here and are confident of sales.

I can remember their 1/18 Me262 appearing 20 years or so ago at £550. That would be close to £1000 at today's prices allowing for inflation.  And they all sold as far as I know...