New HpH DC-3 Pics up!!

Guest Maxim

On 10/28/2018 at 4:59 PM, Anthony in NZ said:

I'm in Love!.......:wub:

Sorry to ask, but what was wrong with the nose?  I think I heard somewhere the windows were too big or something but HpH replied saying it was being corrected with etched window frames....

Cheers in excitement

Anthony

This was posted a while back:

37390382_1771051829655135_50510615421753

I'm by no means an expert but to me (and some other posters), the cockpit windows (and the geometry of the nose in general) are badly off.   Maybe they can correct this with different framing?  Just doesn't look right...

I’m surprised they didn’t make that crew acesss door a separate part so you could see at least a tiny bit of the cockpit interior.   Honestly, I’m not sure why they went to the trouble (and cost) of super detailing the nav and radio operators area, none of it will be visible.   

12 minutes ago, John1 said:

I’m surprised they didn’t make that crew acesss door a separate part so you could see at least a tiny bit of the cockpit interior.   Honestly, I’m not sure why they went to the trouble (and cost) of super detailing the nav and radio operators area, none of it will be visible.   

It's HPH common approach John. You will get the details and its up to you how much you want to display of it (nice example was the Kent's amazing cutaway build of PBY). 

I personally would prefer to have option without this compartment details for DC-3 (and save some cash on it) with cabin doors closed, however with C-47 you will see at least something through the small side window and astrodome.

jan

That detail is amazing! I don't know if I will get one, however. I am close to waving the white flag on all these new releases. I can't keep up and am running out of room to store everything, let alone find the time to build everything! Oh, I forgot: I am immortal. Have to be to build what I already have...

10 hours ago, LSP_Ray said:

That detail is amazing! I don't know if I will get one, however. I am close to waving the white flag on all these new releases. I can't keep up and am running out of room to store everything, let alone find the time to build everything! Oh, I forgot: I am immortal. Have to be to build what I already have...

I think of it as buying now when/if I have disposable income to do so, so in case one day Im retired and dont have the ability to buy them any more, I'll still be able to build some cool stuff.