New HpH DC-3 Pics up!!

Guest Maxim

No matter what (not my cup of tea either mind you) but this kit screames out for a super diorama kind of presentation, really anxious to see the first one built

like i said this kit is not my cup of tea, but on top of that i have to admit its nose shape and surroundings like window parts are a bit suspicious........

I'm surprised to see a sink. The post war C-47s that I flew with the RCAF had a 'honey bucket' in the tail and that was it. If there had been sinks prior to their refurbishment, I can't believe that they would have been removed. We also had a one cylinder apu back in the tail on the port side but that could well have been a post-war mod.

• 2 weeks later...

For a C-47, I’ll go with HpH, but for a DC.3, I’ll go with Model Space. From what I heard and read, more than often on the C-47, the cargo doors were removed.

Edited by Fred Jack

• 1 month later...
On 8/26/2018 at 10:58 PM, John1 said:

Too bad about the botched nose but on the plus side, at least the urinal looks accurate.  

Not sure placing it on the back of a door would not be without consequences.....

In terms of the kit, a few years ago I would have thought it was pretty bloody impressive, and I'd have one for uniqueness, if nothing else.

Now? With the B-25, Ju-88, He-111, He-219, Bf110, P-61, Gotha, AEG, Felixstowe, Mosquito & B-17 already here, and the B-24, B-26, Ki-45 and multiple Lanc's on the way - my multi-engined-multi-person-aeroplane-kit budget has already been seriously compromised.

Doing HpH's Dreaded Walrus didn't enamour me towards HpH, either.