New HpH DC-3 Pics up!!

Guest Maxim

Guest Smitty44

Hopefully I was not wrong about this obvious detail that nobody seems to pay attention to...

The separate columns of the windshield windows are too wide. The side windows are too big even if they are just the frames.

Please take a look at all the photos shown in this topic. In addition, the separate column right at the corner between the outer windshield window and the side window is too wide.

Correct me if I am wrong, please...

I don't know...take a look at the close up of the front of that's All Brother on pg 5. Corner brace looks pretty wide. Now perhaps the civilian versions look a little different or maybe it's the NMF playing games with the eye. Edited by Smitty44

Guest Peterpools

If I could build a Gooney in EAL colors, I couldn't keep saying: But I have no room.

ntX3bx.jpg

Peter

Edited by Peterpools

After pilot training with the RCAF I cut my teeth flying the venerable C-47 and accumulated over 2000 hours on it in three years before moving on to the C-130. For those interested, here are three different variants of port side doors - the standard cargo door, the cargo door with the para door insert in the forward door modified to provide swing down passenger steps and a straight passenger entrance (no cargo door).

PCKMwyZ.jpg

zJ0Vo1H.jpg

uO5qtgf.jpg

Guest Peterpools

Grizly

Thank for the info. WOW! 2000 hours in a Gooney. Best I ever managed was as a passenger and as I remember, a  bit on the noisy side.

Peter

Guest Smitty44

Grizly

Thank for the info. WOW! 2000 hours in a Gooney. Best I ever managed was as a passenger and as I remember, a  bit on the noisy side.

Peter

Closest I ever got was my mail, which was delivered by a DC-3 for 16 years when I lived on Catalina Island.

Guest Smitty44

Smitty

Still a close link

Peter

Peter, so your on Long Island, huh? I'm gonna be in New York at the end of June, but will be up state a little.

Guest Clunkmeister

If I could build a Gooney in EAL colors, I couldn't keep saying: But I have no room.

ntX3bx.jpg

Peter

Well, there's a DC-3 with actual Wrights. A real "Early Bird" and a real DC-3, not a wartime C-47 convert.

But I also can't take my eyes off that B.247 and what looks like the back end of a Northrop Gamma. Three genuine classics right there, folks. Wow!

Just think what you could do with a 1:32 scale C-47/DC-3:  cabin lights, cockpit lights nav lights landing lights, anti collision lights...geared electric motors buried in the P&W crankcases....All in fibreop[tics and mini LEDs.  Did it all in my 1;48 Monogram DC-3 as RCAF 1000, VIP Transport from 412 Sqn.

Would love to build this LSP Racer but eyes and hands have failed to co-operate

Barnys