New HpH DC-3 Pics up!!

Guest Maxim

Guest Smitty44

I gotta say, the gang at HPH must be completely buried right now, working on this, the B-52, and the B-36. I have yet to see the latter in anyone's greasy little hands yet. I could imagine it will still be a while which is not so bad because as always I have about a dozen other projects going or about to be started.

Guest Clunkmeister

So if they're doing a DC-3 and a C-47, maybe that means airline doors and Wright engines?

Guest Smitty44

So if they're doing a DC-3 and a C-47, maybe that means airline doors and Wright engines?

It does say both on the HPH website

Guest Clunkmeister

Started the process of ordering one. I just need this thing.

There's gonna be plenty of these sold. I hope plenty get built. It'll be nice to see a few on contest tables.

There's gonna be plenty of these sold. I hope plenty get built. It'll be nice to see a few on contest tables.

I plan on making it a priority when I get it.

Way back when I was working air cargo on the midnight shift, I had a chance to get onboard a DC-3 that had been built in 1937. Can't remember who it was flying for but they were under contract to deliver auto parts to Toronto for the Ford plant in Oakville. They came in half a dozen times over the summer. Anyway enough reminiscing. I really like the way they do the wing panel joints. That has always been one of the features of the DC-3 that comes to mind every time I see one.

Hopefully I was not wrong about this obvious detail that nobody seems to pay attention to...

The separate columns of the windshield windows are too wide. The side windows are too big even if they are just the frames.

Please take a look at all the photos shown in this topic. In addition, the separate column right at the corner between the outer windshield window and the side window is too wide.

Correct me if I am wrong, please...