Wingnut Wings 32065: Junkers D.1

LSP_Kevin

I assembled mine yesterday and last night.  The review has it spot on with a personal observation that the level of detail and delicateness of many of the cockpit parts is superb.  A few injection nubs to clean up (none are visible after assembly) and care in removing some smaller parts from the sprues is a must.  The wing and fuselage joins are virtually invisible.  The ailerons and elevator are essentially "press fit" with the tips of the horizontal stabilizer needing a couple passes with a sanding stick to relieve the tightness of the fit.  The ailerons and elevator join the fixed assemblies with a number of rods that fit into corresponding holes in the trailing edge of the fixed assembly.  I found it prudent to slightly relieve the appropriate holes with a twist drill to avoid snapping off the delicate rods on the control surface parts.  The nose assembly will benefit from extra study and trial fitting before committing to adhesive.  Make sure the radiator is plumb vertical and properly interfaces with the engine fitting at the top.

This build will not be painted but was just for my enjoyment of assembly while my eyes and hands still work well enough get the pieces more or less where they belong.  All in all a very enjoyable experience and another feather in WNW's cap.

Edited by OldTroll