Proposal for a Night Fighters Group Build.

BradG

This idea has been floating around for a while, there has been several new releases in recent times for night fighters (Revell 262 and Fw 190, Heinkel 219 etc) and the AIMS Bf 110G-4 conversion, I think there's enough kits to run this, but it is a little more confined than the usual GB topic.

Excluding conversion sets, I've put together a list of easy night fighter kits to find. I'd also be willing to expand a little more to include strike aircraft that specifically operated at night, such as the F-117, Heinkel 111's and Mosquito's with black under surfaces and NJG Ju 87D's, if someone want's to build one of those.

Night Fighters OOB.

Revell Beaufighter IF
Revell Me 262B
Revell Heinkel 219
Trumpeter Me 262B
Revell Fw190A-8/R11
Hasegawa Bf 109E
Revell Bf 110G-4
HK Models Doriner 335B
Trumpeter F6F-5N Hellcat.
Zoukei-Mura Heinkel 219
Hasegawa A6M5 Zero
Dragon Bf 110E
Fly Arado 234B
Hasegawa Spitfire Mk VB
Hasegawa Me 262A 'V056'
Special Hobby Heinkel 100D
Hobby Boss Black Widow

Kits that will need some A/M decals.

Hasegawa Bf 109G-6 wild boar 
Hasegawa Bf 109G-10 NJG 11 
Hasegawa Fw 190A-4 nacht jabo-rei

I'd like at least 12 participants, so can I ask that if you respond in the affirmative, that you be 100% sure you will participate and mention what kit you will build. I'll leave this up for a couple of weeks and if this doesn't get enough interest, then I have a few other ideas in the bank.

Definite builders as of 1/5 (if you want to be added to the list of definite's plz just respond to this thread or you can PM me).

Mozart - Bf 110G-4 with AIMS conversion and/or Mosquito Mk II NF
Dukie99 - Black Widow
Jan_G - Ta 154
1to1scale - various
chrish - Bf 110G-4 with AIMS conversion.
Vandy 1 VX 4 with TBA.
mark31 - Heinkel 219
Erwin - Me 262B
reconspit - Ju 88A with AIMS G-1 conversion.
Wackyracer - TBA something Germanic.
Shawn M -TBD something Luftwaffe.
monthebiff - Bf 110G or E.
Brent - Morane Parasol
Nicholas R Larson - Heinkel 219
Edited by BradG

Yes, oh yes! I'd be in for either a Bf110G-4 (the AIMS conversion of course) and/or the Tamiya Mosquito finished as a Mk II NF. Can we have something like a 6 month build window please Brad?

Edited by mozart

I've been thinking about doing a Ju 88C-2 or the old Revell 110G-4 or maybe even a 109G-6 from JG 300.  I'm not real good at building on timelines so at this point I'm a definite maybe.

Edited by Mikester

This idea has been floating around for a while, there has been several new releases in recent times for night fighters (Revell 262 and Fw 190, Heinkel 219 etc) and the AIMS Bf 110G-4 conversion, I think there's enough kits to run this, but it is a little more confined than the usual GB topic.

Excluding conversion sets, I've put together a list of easy night fighter kits to find. I'd also be willing to expand a little more to include strike aircraft that specifically operated at night, such as the F-117, Heinkel 111's and Mosquito's with black under surfaces and NJG Ju 87D's, if someone want's to build one of those.

Night Fighters OOB.

Revell Beaufighter IF
Revell Me 262B
Revell Heinkel 219
Trumpeter Me 262B
Revell Fw190A-8/R11
Hasegawa Bf 109E
Revell Bf 110G-4
HK Models Doriner 335B
Trumpeter F6F-5N Hellcat.
Zoukei-Mura Heinkel 219
Hasegawa A6M5 Zero
Dragon Bf 110E
Fly Arado 234B
Hasegawa Spitfire Mk VB
Hasegawa Me 262A 'V056'
Special Hobby Heinkel 100D
Hobby Boss Black Widow

Kits that will need some A/M decals.

Hasegawa Bf 109G-6 wild boar 
Hasegawa Bf 109G-10 NJG 11 
Hasegawa Fw 190A-4 nacht jabo-rei

I'd like at least 12 participants, so can I ask that if you respond in the affirmative, that you be 100% sure you will participate and mention what kit you will build. I'll leave this up for a couple of weeks and if this doesn't get enough interest, then I have a few other ideas in the bank.

Bristol Fighter

Sopwith Camel

Sopwith Pup

S.E.5A

Most Home Defence aeroplanes were pushed into nightfighting against Zeppelins

Richard