airbrush vs airbrush paasche talon vs iwata hp cs

dashotgun

I own several iwata love them my old eclipse siphon (hp bcs)does not  meet my needs anymore.  I have  an hp bs which is superb for small areas and some detail and a hp sb which is for very small areas and mottling.  I am looking at a hp cs and a paasche talon the gravity feed.  This is  going to replace hp bcs for overall spraying of large areas.  The paasche is cheaper then the iwata comes with multiple needles.  needs an adapter cheap to fit on my  iwata air hose.  The iwata are like tanks other then replacing the needles  really do not need any maintenance.    

Edited by dashotgun

I have the Paache VL with three needles. It is a syphon feed that I bet will fit you needs for overall spraying of large area and small lines (1/16 to 1/8 inch). The largest tip is great for white paint (largest pigment size). The VL and my iwata for fine work have their own hoses. No big deal to swap at the regulator end. Some folks have a manifold to avoid the swapping.

BTW and if you get the VL then buy 3 or 4 extra color cups. You can then drop the color you are done with in the solvent container and clean the brush with a clean cup. Faster with less crap blowing though the brush. I clean all my color cups at the end of a session.

Have fun always,

Rick

I have the Paache VL with three needles. It is a syphon feed that I bet will fit you needs for overall spraying of large area and small lines (1/16 to 1/8 inch). The largest tip is great for white paint (largest pigment size). The VL and my iwata for fine work have their own hoses. No big deal to swap at the regulator end. Some folks have a manifold to avoid the swapping.

BTW and if you get the VL then buy 3 or 4 extra color cups. You can then drop the color you are done with in the solvent container and clean the brush with a clean cup. Faster with less crap blowing though the brush. I clean all my color cups at the end of a session.

Have fun always,

Rick

I have the exact same deal but three VL's and one iwata for the really finestuff.  The iwata is nice but finicky, the VL's are like the tractors of paint equipment, they always work and don't give you any head ache

Guest Paul Budzik

I'd go with the iwata HP-CS with the .5 mm needle and nozzle.  That's what I use ... and I use the HP-BS for the small stuff.

I've not been very impressed with the Paasche quality control over the last couple of years.  I've had several VL nozzles that were thin as paper and came either bent or nicked up.

Paul

Guest Maxim

Never used any of them. I have an Awata Neo for big areas and then a H&S Infinity for fine work. Love them both. The H&S Infinity is a wonderful airbrush to work with.

I have the paasche Talon. It is ok. It does come with all three needle setups, as well as a fan spray cap. I do like the fact that the nozzles are large, so there are no tiny parts to loose while cleaning. The overall feel of the airbrush felt like it was of lower quality than a Badger or a Grex. It is kind of hard to explain, it is just an intangible feeling. To get smooth operation from it, I had to file the opening in the body for the trigger, it felt like it was causing some resistance when pulling the trigger back. I also had to loosen the needle bearing, it caused a lot of drag on the needle.

I have never used an Iwata so I can not give a comparasion.

It should do what you want it to do, but you may need to fiddle with it to make it work to your satisfaction.