Sign in to follow this  
Jennings Heilig

Interesting photo posted on the Trumpeter official FB page

No information whatever posted with it, just the photo.  And carefully edited to remove any hint of anything that would give a clue to the scale.  And low res enough that you really can't say for sure what it is.  Of course the FB experts have said it's a hoax, it's an Airfix kit (??), it's definitely 1/144 (??), it's definitely 1/72 (probably), it's 1/48, etc, etc.  None of them knows any more than my Aunt Dot does.  

But interesting none the less.  If it *is* (as I suspect) 1/72, and if they do it right, somebody at Airfix should fall on their sword.  They could have, and should have owned this market with a new kit.  Instead they're wasting time and resources on stuff with tiny (vanishingly small) interest pools, historical relevance, and choice of color schemes.  Oh well, you snooze, you lose.

63mfXQ.jpg

Looks to be 1/144 to me. Some might say it too was historically insignificant, had limited colour schemes, tiny (Brit only) interest pool, hey ho!

I can still see the last one I saw fly a few years ago, on the horizon before banking towards Manchester Airport, then about a third of the way down the runway, pull up, then turn hard port, and away into history. Magnificent.

Im no expert, but judging by Trump panel lines, I'd say 1/72 or even 1/48.....Harv

I tend to think it's either 1/144 or 1/72 at most. Definitely not 48 scale. Would be nice if it was 1/48 then I wouldn't have to build the Aeroclub 1/48 scale kit I have in the stash. That kit scares me.

I think it's the Airfix kit! Panel lines look raised to me, and the clincher is the poor fit of the bomb bay. That looks like a deeeeeep shadow, not a panel line. ISTR having to back up the corners with plasticard scrap to give sufficient glueing area when I built mine. (when it was released (1985ish?) still not finished it, yet.   

And why would they go to the trouble of blurring out anything that gives a clue about its size? You can't read  too much in the newsprint(?) sizes and it is difficult to gauge the wood graining on the desk. I think we're being teased! 

Again, even if it is, why would Trumpeter put it on their FB page?

Why would they not? 

It is quite likely that Trumpeter was involved in the development of the 1/144 GWH kit. They have been known to help others produce kits. For example they were involved in the production the 1/350 USS Wasp-class LDHD kit that was issued under a few different brands, including Trumpeter. 

Radu 

Trumpeter had nothing to too with the Pit Road/GWH 1/144 Vulcan.  They are the competition to those companies.

Pit Road was one of the companies involved in the development of the above-mentioned 1/350 USS Wasp LHD kit that was also issued by Trumpeter - I am not guessing, I know that for a fact. Many companies co-operate. They are not as warlike as you seem to believe. 

In any case, I just spoke to a friend who built the GWh 1/144 Vulcan. He is 100% sure that the picture shows the GWH kit.  

Radu