ICM Chaika I-153

Guest Martinnfb

For whatever reason, the I-16 really doesnt do much for me, but the little I-153 is such a unique and ugly little thing, that it is really attractive to me. 

Will have to wait for some reviews of buildability come out. 

Fact of the matter is that neither of these aircraft just "light the forest on fire" for me either; however, I am smitten with great curiosity and interest about WWII soviet aviation.  Furthermore, we have so few choices in 1/32 scale to pick from, I am inclined to get just about anything with a red star on it from the "great patriotic war".

Just got the kit through today!

This kit is a little gem, and if ICM continue with this sort of quality I predict great things for this company for our scale in the future.

I recommend this model to everyone!

I'm hoping that they'll also show interest in Russian WWII twin engined aircraft later on too, a nice Pe-2 and Tu-2 are long overdue in my opinion.

Congrats to ICM, another winner to go with the others!  

These new ICM offerings are really hard to resist.  I'm 80-90 percent on the ICM Rata and enjoyed every minute of it.  Thanks for the offering Dude!  (A great LSP friend of mine sent me this kit while I'm working here in Singapore)...

I found a You Tube in the box review late last night while suffering from a bit of  jet lag.  I had nothing better to do than to search all over for this kit.  The review of the kit provided a glimpse of four attractive decal offerings which Kagemusha has kindly provided a detailed link above.  All four I believe are represented in the kit decals.  Well yes I ordered the kit!  

I have the Silver Wings I-153 kit here with me in Singapore.  I always wondered how the vague instructions have you mount up the landing gear inside the fuselage.  The other issue is the dihedral for the upper wing.  Does anyone have instructions with the degree angle in clarity on the SW instructions?  The instructions on the SW website are even blurry!  I'm hoping the ICM kit will eventually have a nice brass landing gear aftermarket set I can adapt to the Silver wings kit someday.   I always worried about this attachment point on those skinny legs on this aircraft.  Its all good brothers & sisters!   We live in fantastic LSP times. 

Carry on and keep sniffing that airplane glue!  

Troy 

Yeah, this is more and more attractive to me as time goes on....................and yes, thought about the SW kit, but didnt have the passion to play for the price and complexity of the kit. Now a cheaper IM version that seems like it may end up fitting and looking great is a definite. 

Does anyone have any word on when the ski equipped version may be coming out?

Comrades, with all the interesting schemes shown today I have asked my LHS to requisition two aircraft from the Ukrane. I have been looking forward to having another VVS aircraft for a long time. My stash is Chaika full of I-16 and MiG kits so this new release is exciting.

Rick

Edited by Rick Griewski