ICM Chaika I-153

Guest Martinnfb

It's unfortunately a 153, not a 152. 

I-152 is commonly and perhaps incorrectly used for I-15bis, different/ straight  upper wing and NACA cowl. Bomb racks etc. It wasn't very successful aeroplane, in many ways a step back from I-153

And, there were only 3 actual I-152s built. 

Quite happy they went with the quintessential early WWII I-153 instead of the earlier I-15 or oddball prototypes.

D

Just noticed that the stock numbers assigned to the Polikarpov I-16 type 24 and 28 are 32001 and 32002.  The Chaika is 32010 and the Bucher 131 is 32030.  I hope that these stock numbers are an indication that ICM is about to launch a major foray into 1/32 scale. We know for certain an I-16 type 29 is coming.  The more the merrier...

Edited by esarmstrong

Wouldn't it be cool to get a huc starter truck in 1:32 to go along with this l-153? Ha!

I have the Silver Wings kit with me here in Sing but I'm interested in how ICM did the landing gear attachment points to the fuselage frame. The landing gear is skinny at best with a heavy model to support. I'm looking forward to this one along with the rest of you Gents. I'm building the I-16 now and it's a really nice kit. Hoping this one be be the same . Thanks for sharing the link!

Troy

Hooray!

and 

Damn!

Hooray! because it'll be a decent kit at a competitive price of a subject that's been crying out for the IP treatment.

Damn! because I have Silver Wings kit in my stash, and the value will plummet when ICM's kit gets out.

So, I think I'll pop it on Ebay, use the funds to get a couple - or three - ICM kits. Last time I did that was Fly's Ar 234 came out & I sold my MDC kit, raising enough to get 2 Fly kits.

ICM remind me a little of Wingnut Wings with their approach to the 1/32 WWII market, but for niche Eastern European theatre subjects.

I really, really like it, and I'm looking forward to whatever they come out with next. A nice LaGG, Lavochkin or Yak? A Pe-2 or Tu-2 for a small, sleek twin-engined effort? A Po-2 would be great fun. Getting more dreamy, Do-17's were shifted Eastward, and - getting really, really widely optimistic - a BV-141 would look super-cool, as would a BV-138. A Do-217 would be hugely surprising, A Fw-189 would be top of my list, as HpH's is priced at a level that is beyond my means, or self imposed limit.  A Hs-129 would fit the "Eastern Front" mantra, but there's already an IP version on the way.

Please, please stay away from 190's and 109's.

• 1 month later...

For whatever reason, the I-16 really doesnt do much for me, but the little I-153 is such a unique and ugly little thing, that it is really attractive to me. 

Will have to wait for some reviews of buildability come out.