1/18 JSI F-14A to F-14D Tomcat conversion - VF-2 Bounty Hunters

Skydancer

Gents, 

We  can understand the nature of the beast in modeling; AM can be a game in which few play, and even fewer run business for said AM.   This is in fact an international site, run, seen and read by modelers all around the world, but we need to keep things civil please. 

Lets keep the personal jabs out of things and stick to the business at hand. Discussing issues is never a problem when discussed in a civil, polite and respectful way, but language and cultural differences can sometimes tend to lead to misunderstandings especially in text.  

Let's do move on. I've hidden a whack of posts in this thread.

@ Nic,  Let me be very very clear.....your tone and approach to all of this is not welcome here what so ever.

@skydancer,  if the bombs are small let's just leave it at that. 

Let's see the completion of this build.

Ron

Wow, amazing work, Skydancer!
BTW, I went through Nick's comments. I am not going to vouch for everything he said, one thing he said was true: The GBU12 should be much smaller than a GBU16, as the GBU12 is basically an upgraded 500lb'er and the GBU16 is a 1000lb'er. You might want to verify actual dimensions. This doesn't explain any differences in pylons, unless the JSI kit really is overscale.

If it is, then one would have to work with the kit ones as you did.

Whichever, you sure are making that thing a piece of art!

Update to the flaps... Let`s call it "micromanagement", because sanding those pieces into shape is very annoying ;)

38934608_196242913047rkdut.jpg

Now they will be flatened out with putty and again... sanding paper ;) After this is done, paintjob will follow. 

Important... As you can see, the first stiffener outside the wing, doesn`t fit the mount on the flap. This is caused through the precision of the model. While it fits on the top of the wing, it wont on the underside. So I decided, that it is more important it will fit on the top of the wing. All other stiffeners fit perfectly on both sides.

Edited by Skydancer

Just for my interest, I wanted to see how it looks like complete... This is something I need to do, to keep up my motivation. Always good to see how it looks like and adding with phantasy what it will become.

4f3de163-da63-4d1c-apvii0.jpeg

I‘m happy with the flaps now and I think the work behind was worth it. I‘m close to the finish line, some weathering to do, but no more „big projects“ on it. (Except the ejector seats for the D, but I‘ll find a solution for sure)

She looks really good !! All that extra effort was certainly worth it. Looking forward to more.

There's more to do for the D cockpit than just seats however, as you know.

Steve

"TOMCATS FOREVER, BABY...!"

Edited by A-10LOADER