1/18 JSI F-14A to F-14D Tomcat conversion - VF-2 Bounty Hunters

Skydancer

Very nice work Steve! What color have you taken for the metal?

If you still need the correct decals for the missiles and bombs, I can send you a sheet of them! All decals are 100% correct in size and content... I really spend much time in research and create everything via Photoshop from 0. After designing the decals, i print them on regular paper first, to test the correct size on the model. If everything fits, I print the decal sheet in high-res (600dpi) with my color laser printer.

Thanks Skydancer, I used a mix of Alclad Pale Burnt Metal and Duraluminum.

That's very kind of you to offer that to me but, my loadout dosen't have a AIM-54. I went with two AIM-9's, one AIM-7 and, four MK-83's.

Steve

"TOMCATS FOREVER, BABY!"

It was a sad day when the Navy retired the Tomcat.    The Tomcat was an amazing beast, and the D model was everything it was supposed to be, and so what if it required a lot of work to keep in the air!

Anyway, these 1/18 Tomcats are pretty cool, and your conversion work is top notch!

In matter of fact, that I can`t print white decals (Laserprinter) I decided to paint the national markings on the top of the wing. I used my plotter to cut the foil out. The result is good ;)

img_2496dlutr.jpg

Also you can see other parts I made the last days. One of the nozzles, the GBU-12 bombs close to finish and some of the decals and stencils I made.

img_2499hqupl.jpg

Excellent job so far, but I have to admit I'm not a fan of those F110 nozzles. The feathers are way too flat whilst the real ones are bulged.

Mirko Opitz from Pitzmodels made some incredible F110 nozzles in 1/32 and 1/18th scale which I had the pleasure to see with my own eyes last year, but he sadly didn't make them available for sale. An utter shame as they are true works of art.