Sign in to follow this  
Monty Python

Oh dear, what have I done?

May be looking for new living accomodation when the wife finds out what I've done today.

Went to my LHS to collect the Airfix 1/72 H.P. Victor B.Mk.2 that I had on order and got talking to the owner about kits. He then dropped out that he had a 1/32 HK Lancaster on pre-order for a customer. Now I've gone and added my name to the pre-order list. I can see swmbo not being best pleased. What do you think, flowers and chocolates or should I start packing now?

I think that from now on your most used phrase when discussing anything and everything with your wife should be, "Yes dear."  :whistle:

When she discovers your heinous crime you should point out to her that your purchase will be most economical. The Lanc kit will be so complex that you will take a great deal of time to build it. During this long period of time you will not be buying any other kits since you will be too busy building it.

Thus, by spending lots of money for the Lanc kit now you will be saving money in the long run.  :innocent:

Do you think she will buy that line of reasoning?  :hmmm:

:punk:

I think that from now on your most used phrase when discussing anything and everything with your wife should be, "Yes dear."  :whistle:

When she discovers your heinous crime you should point out to her that your purchase will be most economical. The Lanc kit will be so complex that you will take a great deal of time to build it. During this long period of time you will not be buying any other kits since you will be too busy building it.

Thus, by spending lots of money for the Lanc kit now you will be saving money in the long run.  :innocent:

Do you think she will buy that line of reasoning?  :hmmm:

:punk:

Err, no       :help:

:rofl:

Better suss out her favorite handbag maker ... ask her which one she likes... then surreptitiously buy it...

Flowers will wilt within a week unless you put Asprins in the water and Chocolates will melt and add a lifetime of inches to her .... SO buy her favorite handbag ... EXPENSIVE one like a PRADA!

:whistle:

You could tell her it is a misunderstanding, that you told the guy you would love one as in lusting after one and he mistakingly took it as you wanted one ordering, then as it has turned up you are obligated to take it as he has paid for it on your behalf..

;)

A conundrum indeed, truth is the best policy here, when the LHS calls and says its arrived run screaming and beg mercy from SWMBO or ............what Lancaster, no not mine, don't even like Lancaster's................

Bottom line, you're screwed buddy........