Have an email stating "Notice of sale of Tower Hobbies"

it's legit - Horizon has bought the radio control side of Hobbico with successful bids on those assets a week or two back - Great Planes / Tower Hobbies etc, and I believe Cox/Estes. Last update I saw was that there's another hearing next week on revell and revell germany and hopefully this means someones' bid has been accepted for that as well.  One of the chaps on Hyperscale's board was posting good detailed updates, one of the posts had links to the court dockets for those really wanting to follow along in detail

Hey I did not receive an email. What makes you guys so special? LOL.

This is all pretty tedious with so many a-clowns doing so much damage... and I want the Revell area settled. That said I am actually more interested in how the employees will fair in the end. I suspect badly.

Rick

Hey I did not receive an email. What makes you guys so special? LOL.

This is all pretty tedious with so many a-clowns doing so much damage... and I want the Revell area settled. That said I am actually more interested in how the employees will fair in the end. I suspect badly.

Rick

The workers pension scheme was invested in the company itself.

So it'll end very badly, I'm afraid, for the employees & pensioners.

Horizon picked up all the RC stuff (Tower/Great Planes), a third party picked up Estes (inc Cox). The Horizon sale was effective yesterday, all the Hobbico booth space at Toledo this weekend has Horizon branding.

The auction of the Revell's and United Models (the non-RC distributor arm, who handles Michael's et al) was reportedly suspended with no bidders. It will go to auction at a later date.

Many of the Hobbico employees start at Horizon monday. It's nearby and they hired a number of the Tower/GP folks.

Edited by Adam Maas