Is there a need for another P-51 unshrouded Exhausts?

Ralph-D

Hi all,

many of you know that I did 3D-drawings based on original drawings for the P-51 exhaust followed by a stereolithografie 3D test print.

The modelers life for P-51 accessories getting from day to day better. Means from REXX exhaust are existing (for TAM P-51) and for the new Revell, Eduard did a release and “109ace†has them in his Ebay store too.

I wouldn't be surprised if Quickboost will be the next company.

For you to know I'm not depending on this product for living, but the drawing is done and I'm thinking to offer it over platforms like “Shapeways†or “Trinckleâ€.

Any scale is available, but I think to start in 1/32 and 1/24 scale in the beginning.

In case the demand is very low, it can be done with my friends 3-D printer but what I like to avoid is the packing and sending issue, for this I do not have the time.

For myself the next step is to do exhaust for the TAM P-51D, the original one are okay but by gluing them, I was not able to do them in line or I was not aware to use kind of a support.

Other issue for me is the “alibi†holes in the exhaust stack to indicate they are hollow (Revell does not have it, if I'm right). Looking at the TAM exhaust even I drilled careful with a bigger diameter,

still gives me the feeling that a beetle VW engine is installed.

At the same time I do the awful P-51B TRU (exhaust and kit) I'm current working on it. Dragon and Hasegawa to be followed too because I have this models and the plan is to build them (maybe).

Be aware, I'm talking only about the unshrouded exhaust.

Now the query to the audience, is there a need and if yes do you require the accurate detail with the flange and bolts in 1/32 scale?

Cheers

Ralph

Pictures under:

https://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php?showtopic=65409&page=3

or

https://postimg.org/gallery/fvv9ywhi/

Edited by Ralph-D