Peterpools

Tamiya 1/48 F-14A: 6/17/18: DONE AND IN THE BOOKS

David

Much appreciated.

The more I use Mr Color, the bigger a fanboy I become. Today I just shot the missiles, pylons and drop tanks with Mr Color both gloss white and Insignia White - smooooooth as silk - just can't ask for more.

Since I missed the two contests, I decided to order the Quickboost seats for the balance of the build and display. If I make to to next years contest(s), I'll switch seats.

I'll need to give Mr Super Clear GX100 a try and see how it compares to Mr Color to Mr Color Gloss Clear 46.

Looking forward to seeing your Tomcat.

Peter

Thanks Don

So very much appreciated. While I can't hold a candle to the guys when it comes to detailing and correcting a kit, I just love to paint

Peter

Kev

Either way - I surely can't wait to follow your builds

Peter

Oddly enough, at the moment I have none of the big Tomcat or Rhino models, but I'm planning to add them back to my stash eventually. (First order of business though, is to grab the big Tamiya Eagle.)

ringleheim,

Very much appreciated and no question the Super Tomcat will be here maybe by the fall.  Hopefully there will be new AM decals coming our way and I'll be adding the F-14D to the collection.

Peter

Posted (edited)

Thanks Brian

Been plugging away and all the missiles, drop tanks and pylons are now painted each the appropriate gloss white, ready for clear gloss and decaling with a zillion small decals: yikes! Even started the gear late last night and it feels great to be at the bench, making enjoyable and relaxing progress.

Peter

Edited by Peterpools

Thanks Brian

Been plugging away and all the missiles, drop tanks and pylons are now painted each the appropriate gloss white, ready for clear gloss and decaling with a zillion small decals: yikes! Even started the gear late last night and it feels great to be atthe bench, making enjoyable and relaxing progress.

Peter

It is a hobby after all Peter, and to me that is, along with life, the main goal..................enjoy yourself!   :lol:

Heading to a big model show in Toronto next Saturday so hoping to pick one of these up cheap. They're $150 at the shops here in town.

Don