Tamiya 1/48 F-14A: 6/17/18: DONE AND IN THE BOOKS

Guest Peterpools

Well now,.................

You talk about a senior moment eh? I have no idea how I missed this entire thread!

What a beautiful build Peter. Absolutely brilliant my friend and I'm sorry I haven't chimed in 'till now. Damn that's nice!

Cheers,

Wolf.

Looks absolutely fabulous, Peter! Nice and clean paint finish, the way God intended, ha ha ha. Decaling all those missiles took a while, didn't it?

I will have to look into trying those Prismacolor oil based pens for the gear door edges; i'm not satisfied with the methods i'm currently using.

Fine job, and congrats for getting across the line. I too agree Tamiya would sell me at least one 32nd scale tomcat if they scaled this beauty up. I also think they could kick some serious butt if they scaled it down to 72nd scale as well. Right now, the Fujimi Tomcat is an easier build than the Hasegawa one...

-d-

Guest Peterpools

John

Much appreciated. Just wish Tamiya would upscale this Tomcat to 32nd scale and retire their very old large scale Tomcat.

Peter

Guest Peterpools

Wolf

Very much appreciated and glad you hopped on board as she rolled out of the hanger and across the line. Nothing like a Tamiya kit for shear fun and enjoyment

Petrr

Guest Peterpools

David

Much appreciated and completely agree. The more I play around with the Prismacolor pens, the more uses I am

finding for them. Yup, fingers crossed Tamiya updcales the Big Cat and even down scales it as well for those that build in 1/72nd scale - the kit is thst good.

Peter

Guest Peterpools

Thanks Jay

Loved the build and can't thank you enough for turning me onto Mr Color paints. WhenMr Color doesn't have a specific color, I fall back on MRP, whose color range is a bit more extensive: two best paints out there for the way I work.

Peter