Copper State Models 1/32 Nieuport N. 17

Kagemusha

Funny how everyone keeps building only Nieuports, when France made more types of all kinds of aircraft then all other Countries combined. This is something I didn’t previously realize. Did any of you know that Bleriot made some huge four engine bomber designs with two engines on the top wing which were directly above the two engines on the bottom wing, which left me with the question, how did they start them?

On 11/25/2018 at 9:17 AM, mgunns said:

My CSM 1/32nd Nieuport 17, early arrived on Friday 23 November 2018.  I got a notification by email about two or three days prior stating it was on the way.  Great service.  As an aside, and maybe this has been brought up before, there are a few other model companies out there that do offer 1/32nd scale WWI Bi-planes other than German and Brit.  They take a bit of effort but produce a very nice model, Roden and A-Model come to mind.   Hat's off and a tip of the Pin to Edgar at CSM for taking this bold step into the realm of injection molding and doing it with a quality kit.

Mark

Aviattic makes a very obscure Italian Fighter that is very detailed, but like a lot of very detailed models, you can spend a lot of time following very intense instructions drilling etc and detailing a lot of areas you will never see. I am just gluing and painting.

8 hours ago, Fred Jack said:

When is everyone going to believe that WnWs isn’t interested in competing with anyone. 

Well because this is a quite "romantic" view of that business! WnW is not a classical company but I am fully convinced competition is just an annoying incentive they would prefer to avoid. If you are not convinced can you explain to me why they announced THIS year in Telford the Lancaster release whereas they were working on it for 8-9 years and the kit will not been released before the end of 2019? Without the soon to be released HKM kit that timing would simply not make sense. Telford 2019 would have been more logical. This will with zero doubt have an impact on HKM sales. So, to me,  they just tried to attract part of the HKM sales with a kit that is still in WIP mode. If this is not a business competition-oriented behavior I need to understand what it is ;-) 

2 hours ago, thierry laurent said:

Well because this is a quite "romantic" view of that business! WnW is not a classical company but I am fully convinced competition is just an annoying incentive they would prefer to avoid. If you are not convinced can you explain to me why they announced THIS year in Telford the Lancaster release whereas they were working on it for 8-9 years and the kit will not been released before the end of 2019? Without the soon to be released HKM kit that timing would simply not make sense. Telford 2019 would have been more logical. This will with zero doubt have an impact on HKM sales. So, to me,  they just tried to attract part of the HKM sales with a kit that is still in WIP mode. If this is not a business competition-oriented behavior I need to understand what it is ;-) 

I guess Wingnut Wings was like me. HKM kept promising the Lanc so long and month after month kept saying it was coming out then not releasing it, that I honestly gave up that they ever would until WnWs put a lit  match on their tail. Now I guess everyone has a choice. Just realize it’s been years since HKM has released any bombers. Did you honestly think theyed actually release their Lanc?

1 hour ago, Fred Jack said:

I guess Wingnut Wings was like me. HKM kept promising the Lanc so long and month after month kept saying it was coming out then not releasing it, that I honestly gave up that they ever would until WnWs put a lit  match on their tail. Now I guess everyone has a choice. Just realize it’s been years since HKM has released any bombers. Did you honestly think theyed actually release their Lanc?

I would agree if we would not have seen HKM Lancaster test shots analyzed on websites some months before Telford! It was obvious that kit was going to be finally released end of this year. Situation would have been different if WnW had announced their kit in 2017.

I’d like to congratulate Edgar and his team for two very fine Nieuport kits. I received both the other day and they are just fantastic. The whole package from boxart to instructions to parts to decals are first rate. I’m very pleased and look forward to enjoying these builds. Love the late camo schemes. 

Jimbo

22 hours ago, Fred Jack said:

What are those planes being produced by Roden, the ones with the rounders with the red on the outside and blue in the middle?

Well, Roden was really important. THEN! NOW, that there are Wingnut Wings and Copper State Models, we may gratefully say goodbye to them and hope for more wonderfully crafted models of french and austro-hungarian and even russian aeroplanes by WnW and CSM.

I'm sorry to go off-topic, but

On 12/30/2018 at 9:54 PM, thierry laurent said:

If you are not convinced can you explain to me why they announced THIS year in Telford the Lancaster release whereas they were working on it for 8-9 years and the kit will not been released before the end of 2019?

To drum up interest and excitement and, now that they allow other outlets to sell their kits, pre-orders?

On 12/30/2018 at 6:30 AM, Fred Jack said:

What are those planes being produced by Roden, the ones with the rounders with the red on the outside and blue in the middle?

Inferior.

Roden was fine for 10 years ago, but they are like Hasegawa: out of date.

WNW and Copper State have both shown that a tiny company with a few people, who apparently know what they are doing, can pop out extraordinary model kits with lots of detail.

And yet we have so many model kit companies that have made inferior kits for most of their existence, and continue to do so now!  It's like they don't want to produce quality goods or simply don't know how to do it. 

You know who they are.

5 minutes ago, ringleheim said:

WNW and Copper State have both shown that a tiny company with a few people, who apparently know what they are doing, can pop out extraordinary model kits with lots of detail.

And yet we have so many model kit companies that have made inferior kits for most of their existence, and continue to do so now!  It's like they don't want to produce quality goods or simply don't know how to do it. 

You know who they are.

I've currently got the Copper State Nieuport in the WIP area. While from a distance it looks amazing, I'm finding the there are heavy parting lines. Lots of part cleanup for me. They're close, but I don't think they're quite up to WNW standards yet. That said, if they came out with another subject that caught my eye, I'd buy it!