Copper State Models 1/32 Nieuport N. 17

Kagemusha

59 minutes ago, Edgar said:

We sent most of pre-ordered Late Nieuports so far,  a few early, but most still to be sent on Tuesday (National holiday on Monday in Latvia).

If I ordered one of each I assume shipping next week?

Do you have other 1/32 in planning already if you can say?

Thx!

Edited by petrov27

6 hours ago, Edgar said:

We sent most of pre-ordered Late Nieuports so far,  a few early, but most still to be sent on Tuesday (National holiday on Monday in Latvia).

Hi 

Thanks for releasing this superbly crafted kit. I hope it is a success and will lead to more in the future. We talked about a few kits crying out to be made in this thread but will leave that to you and CS...I’ll  email and order direct if this kit is not available locally 

And enjoy your national holiday!

:)

6 hours ago, MikeMaben said:

Hey Edgar  :hi:

Could you (or anyone) say what the basic differences

are between the early and the late N.17 ?

Thanks

I am no expert; however the differences I can see are:

Early Nieuport                                                                   Late Nieuport

Clear transparent center area of upper wing               Center area of upper wing not clear and reinforced

Lower sesquiplane has less reinforced leading          More reinforced front edge of sesquiplane.  This is visible on the model.

edges.

Area behind firewall simply opens up along a             Area behind firewall has circular access panel, making for less

along a panel line revealing entire area behind           exposed area behind the firewall.

firewall

For those (like me a few years ago) who have only general info about Nieuport XVII here is a list of differences, just in case

1. Late series received reinforced leading edge with metal mini ribs for both wings, but the early version did not have this feature
2. Early series Nieuport XVII had experimental Alkan synchronized lewis Mg, for Late series Vickers became the main armament after Vickers MG production was set up in France and some pilots still used unsynchronized Lewis over the top wing
3. Early Nieuport still carried Nieuport XVI windshield, as Late Nie had its own flat windscreen
4. Late series were painted in a new Aluminum powder paint, but earlier had good old camo in 2 colours (some experts are sure it`s 4 colours, hard to say who is right or wrong)
5. An early version had square maintenance hatch on the starboard side, but Late ones received hatched on both sides with an egg like shape
6. Top wing cutout on the early version, but late Nieuport did not have this feature in most of the cases
7. The oil tank was installed in the cockpit, together with the fuel tank on early Nieuports, but for Late Nieuport, oil tank was moved on to the firewall to have a space for Vickers ammo rack
8. Cowlings differs, first it was in one peace, but later it was replaced with the two-part cowling

We are planning to prepare and send all pre-ordered Nieps next week, as we need to proceed with the new orders)

And yes, we have several 1/32 projects in development