Copper State Models 1/32 Nieuport N. 17

Kagemusha

This is fantastic news. Quite excited about this one!

There was a rumor floating around that WnW supplies Copper State with their instructions and plastic, but apparently that rumor is false. I do see many similarities in the plastic and instructions, but nonetheless it looks like they beat WnW to the punch with a high-quality Nieuport.

Is this Copper State's first foray into 1/32?

- Dennis S.

Thornton, CO USA

Excellent. Hope they continue with many versions. I'll pick up more than one N.17 for sure and more N.11 too even they go that route. (I'm still wishing for WNW though at the same time....)

Are those CAD pictures or actual test runs?

definitely CAD

Go watch the Phil Flory review of the recent 1/48 Copper State Models Armstrong Whitworth. Just look at the manual and sprues, if Wingnut is not making the plastic and instructions, then they need to start a copyright infringement case against them. Just looking at it, they seem identical.

Whoever makes it, I will definitely buy one and put my other 17 up for sale.

Edited by 1to1scale

They just came out with a 1/35 armored car, but have not done a plastic kit in 1/32 yet. This could be a very nice addition to the WWI kit options. So many possibilities exist for the Nieuport color schemes. Betcha can't build just one (to paraphrase an old potato chip commercial).

Tnarg

Neat! We are sitting in our popup camp trailer in Moab UT, hiding from the unusual bit of rain we are having and was just looking their CAD images over, as well as reading some of the funny comments on BM.

"Bit like a flea declaring war on a St Bernard" lol

Thierry,

Thanks for your work on the Italerei kit.... just like building an obscure vac form, any work on a kit that takes a lot to update seems to trigger a great new release. Thanks for taking one for the team.

Tnarg

I believe this is in the early stages of development, and isn't due out until next year.

Kev

This, and considering that Copper State's website is not secure, they are actually physically located in Latvia, and especially with Chris's experience with their decals on his Revell SPAD XIII build, I am not "holding my breath".

In addition to not committing to UPS, FedEx, etc., here is a copy of their payment policy:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"We accept EURO (EUR/ €) only.

Minimal order of €10.00.

PayPal payments accepted, please note 5% surcharge* will be added to the final order sum."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Note that PayPal would be the only secure way to pay on their website-otherwise you risk credit card theft!

Currently, I am satisfied with the Academy '17 built and currently in my display, and the 1/32 Roden '24, '24bis, and '28's kits in stash.

Edited by Gigant