MARU5137

Shoreham Air Crash Ruling.

Guest Airfixer

Air Accidents Investigation Branch video to accompany the final report of the investigation.

This video is intended to help visualise the aircraft's final manoeuvre.

The images shown are not a precise depiction of the aircraft's behaviour at all stages of the flight. The video is not a summary of the final report, which includes other information about the circumstances of the accident and the reasons for the severity of the outcome.

Mr Hill will appear before the Magistrates on 19 April and the case will then go to Crown Court for trial at a subsequent date.

The evidence to be put to the jury will concern the defendant's competency, state of mind etc., and not just wingy stuff.

It was a ghastly accident and I hope the injured (12, not counting the def) and relatives of the 11 dead get the answers they are seeking.

Tony

Is there a way to read Eric Brown's description somewhere?

Here....

Shoreham Air Show crash: vintage jets banned from stunt flying as police warn death toll could reach 20 - Telegraph

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/aviation/11821793/Shoreham-Air-Show-crash-vintage-jets-banned-from-stunt-flying-as-police-warn-death-toll-could-reach-20.html

Guest Airfixer

(...) It was a ghastly accident and I hope the injured (12, not counting the def) and relatives of the 11 dead get the answers they are seeking. (...)

Not only answers...

One can only hope those affected will duly receive all the necessary support they need and deserve to cope with the aftermath and traumata of the Shoreham disaster. Also, one can only hope the judicial proceedings won't drag on for too long.

Tragic. Cleared for 500' AGL at start!?!? And way below that in actuality? Was he not paying attention to his altimeter or had it set wrong? I know it's Monday morning quarterbacking, but I would've set 800' AGL at beginning and told the pilot to call off his altitude & airspeed entering the loop. And power settings during the vertical phase. Well duh.

Guest Airfixer

The Shoreham disaster is giving me a good deal of food for thought...

28 August 2018 will be the 30th anniversary of the Ramstein airshow disaster: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ramstein_air_show_disaster

A case study of how NOT to deal with air show disasters... To this very day, lots of unresolved legal implications and liabilities and most definitely one of the darker pages in German jurisprudence.

From a jurist's POV, I will follow the further legal proceedings of the Shoreham disaster with utmost interest.