airscale

1/18 P51C Mustang "Lopes Hope the 3rd"

woohoo - big day -the cockpit is in the airframe :)

..put together in a jig,,

WIP882_zpscs3uekih.jpg

and now a permanent fixture..

WIP884_zps2mxfikwe.jpg

..with the skin bits..

WIP883_zps1wd6af5y.jpg

..lots to do from here, but it's a big milestone for me :)

TTFN
Peter

The seat belts are just a big double-take.  Your effort so far is the most realistic model I've ever seen.  Keep it up.  Oh, and the wheel/tire combo 3d Cad model is amazing.  

G'day Peter,

Your work is superb. Congratulations

With respect to your your seat belts I feel a word of caution maybe required as I have noted that there can be problems over the longer term using lead where it comes into contact with some other metals due to presumably differences in galavanic index.  The lead or other metal simply disintegrates over time, the metal with the lower index  (ie more -ve) dissolves or goes to powder.  This happened to me many years ago on a 1/24 scale Me 109, where the belts just disintegrated after 10 or so years.  I have subsequently eschewed lead. I have seen similar issues with white metal on older models in museums etc.

This may not be an issue in your case as I do not know what from what metal you have etched  your  buckles and clasps but it maybe worth checking. Any difference greater than 0.25mV is likely to cause an issue.

According to Wikepedia Lead has an index of -0.70, brass  -0.4, Copper 0.35 and nickel -0.3. It gets a bit more complicated when alloys are involved.

I hope this doesn't apply but it's worth knowing for the future.

Cheers

Kevin

Hello Peter,

Another OUTSTANDING bit of work on your cockpit.

Love  it !!

:bow:  in fact your innovative ideas to solve a problem or create  parts is extraordinary. 

:goodjob: