1/18 P51C Mustang "Lopes Hope the 3rd"

airscale

Guest Peterpools

Peter

You make it look so logical and simple ... unbelievable work. Just figuring all the parts out prior to doing anything leaves me completely in the dust.

Keep 'em comin

Peter

..no idea what this is, but it is a PE face with shaped card to give body and a dremelled slot where the depression is. The knob is a watch gear with its teeth ground off in the dremel..

WIP193_zpsos6mi2vn.jpg

I believe this is the IFF box. There are two buttons in the recesses which when pressed will destroy the interior to keep the IFF codes from falling into enemy hands.

Fantastic work, Peter.

Cheers,

D.B.

I can see another $22 flying off to KLP when this one completes.

And for anybody pondering how to produce better detail, buy Peter's book linked in his sig.

You don't have to be working in the same big scale, and you don't have to emulate the master's work, or even be that fussed about Spitfires.

But it's an inspiration for anyone wanting to move on up a bit. The electronic publishing means you get 500+ pages (imagine how heavy that would be as a coffee table book) and the photos can be enlarged beyond making any kind of sense. Worth every penny for what you get in a handy digital package

Certainly does rock here. Lots of valuable info here. What l am waiting for is when he does the internal structure behind the pilot. l am curious how it all goes together.

Please stay tune to this Bat channel for further updates lol

hacker

I'm reworking a gutter which requires additional flashing.  My research brought me here:

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Amerimax-Home-Products-10-in-x-10-ft-Mill-Finish-Aluminum-Roll-Valley-Flashing-68310/100054269

for this:

sandell-flash-guard-flat-roof-flashing-f

My curiosity brought me here:

https://www.homedepot.com/s/aluminum%2520flashing?NCNI-5

for this:

amerimax-home-products-flat-roof-flashin

.0092 thick aluminum sheet.  10 inches x 10 ft.   Under 10$US.  Comes in larger sizes.  I thought it may be of economical interest.

Sincerely,

Mark

Edited by dodgem37

I can see another $22 flying off to KLP when this one completes.

And for anybody pondering how to produce better detail, buy Peter's book linked in his sig.

You don't have to be working in the same big scale, and you don't have to emulate the master's work, or even be that fussed about Spitfires.

But it's an inspiration for anyone wanting to move on up a bit. The electronic publishing means you get 500+ pages (imagine how heavy that would be as a coffee table book) and the photos can be enlarged beyond making any kind of sense. Worth every penny for what you get in a handy digital package

Thanks for the plug, Chek!

https://www.klp.com.au/product/building-race-80-spitfire-mk-xive-in-1-18-scale/

Kev