1/18 P51C Mustang "Lopes Hope the 3rd"

airscale

9 hours ago, Out2gtcha said:

Here is where I normally would plead you to stop as you are outright embarrassing the rest of our so-called modeling "skills", but its all SO good I cant say it!   :lol: 

Don't feel bad Brian , we build small models of airplanes , he builds small airplanes.

I think there's a difference  :huh:

Marvelous.   Exactly what DonH has already mentioned.  

Im still thinking back on that Firefly a while back.  It was so cool too.  I can only imagine what might come next down the road.   

Cockpit, tail wheel, main wheel well, dog house.  It’s endless good modeling at its finest.   So enjoyable to see these sub assemblies come together.   Thanks for sharing Peter.

Troy 

crikey thanks guys - I am very grateful for your kind compliments and it is you guys I consider my primary judges who I must do my best to please :)

not much of an update, but it is still a fair few hours work..

I added the main pipes that go in the front of the weel bay roof - these are aluminium tube with insulating tape for the black bits and foil tape for the clamps..

WIP643_zpslkle8o4y.jpg

I also made up the uplocks which are tiny parts made from scaled plans and also the gear door sequencing assemblies that are another set of tiny parts with connecting rods.. they are the bits in and around the square holes in the bay roof..

WIP644_zpsfpkoblha.jpg

WIP645_zps2x9tmxtn.jpg

WIP646_zpszjh1yvrv.jpg

WIP647_zpswbpcijjk.jpg

..and the other side..

WIP648_zpscm7jdm11.jpg

WIP649_zpsqel5cvbr.jpg

WIP650_zpssioeirf4.jpg

On 2/17/2019 at 6:16 AM, DonH said:

Oh come on now. Stop it, no don't.

I think what is hard to appreciate from these photos is just how small all those pipes and fittings actually are. You must have eyes like an eagle and the dexterity of an octopus.

Good point Don - it is difficult to grasp the size of these parts so here it is with a 5 amp fuse..

WIP653_zpsi3gz8ieq.jpg

..starting to look busy..

WIP651_zpsqdsk1iwh.jpg

WIP652_zpsrgfi85l7.jpg

electrical wiring next, then I think most of what I wanted to do here is done and I can close it all up and protect it and start work on the fuselage structure around the back of the canopy which is entirely absent at the moment...

TTFN

Peter