Sign in to follow this  
Iain (32SIG)

Olimp ORA 32-14 EF2000 Typhoon 'Englishman over Tripoli'

Guest Martinnfb

Nice, thank you Iain. :), always wanted to build one from the BP campaign :)

Cheers

Martin

1342733818_192.jpg

1342733819_6199262016_10ed7bd5bd_o.jpg

Nice review of a pricey set, but then everything add-on for the Revell Eurofighter seems expensive.

Tony

I was tempted, but had the Two Mikes inner pylons, AMS hardware, Isracast or Wolfpack Litening pod, our own Tim (Wunwinglow) produces an excellent inner and centreline pylon set.

Guest Martinnfb

And I think I'd prefer the set to be titled something like 'Brits over Tripoli' - but that's a pet peeve that's usually lost outside the UK!  :)

Iain

Makes sense, English is funny this way, especially when digested as a second language.

Few more

156893_big.jpg123580_big.jpg

Guest Martinnfb

at Gioia del Colle Air Base with 56 swing-role mission markings. The RAF's Typhoons dropped more than 100 air-to-ground weapons during the Libya operations.fri%20040.jpgZJ927cockpit.jpg

Posted (edited)

There are some bars  in my home town where if you announce yourself as an Englishman , you'll be leaving feet first within 5 mins, usually on on a stretcher.. 

As a native Scot who has an accent resembling a BBC announcer, my life growing up was , shall we say  "Interesting",  and just a few weeks ago I was accosted and told to get back to England where I belonged..  :mental:

sorry this is tending towards Politics, and for that I apologize , but to all non UK residents English is not the same as British!

ColinR

Edited by Scotsman

There are some bars  in my home town where if you announce yourself as an Englishman , you'll be leaving feet first within 5 mins, usually on on a stretcher... 

ColinR

That is rather pathetic and sad, and hopefully just a knuckle-dragging parochial minority thing. I have always thought bigger of the Scots than that. But yes, it makes me wince too when people think British and English is synonymous, but it's most often an innocent error.

Wondering if anyone will make a sturdy NLG leg for the Revell Eurofighter. Needed even more than engine air ducting.

Tony (from South Gloucestercestershire)

Posted (edited)

I think that in many languages one uses the same word to mean british or english. In french, we usually use the word "anglais" that litterally means "english", but it's usually also used to mean "british". The good word should be "britannique", but almost nobody use it except in the papers or in a rather formal language. People are not even really aware of the difference.

Maybe there is also an historical factor.... We made war with the Kindgom of England for about 1000 years and we were allied with the scots. So in this pre-united kingdom era i think the french knew the difference between the people living on the british island, and as it's the King of England who became the King of Britain that may be why we still say "les anglais".

Edited by Zero77

Posted (edited)

tony , ever since 2014 , things have been rather more polarized up here alas!

Sorry - we're way off topic here 

I'm up fr anything that enhances revell's rather flimsy Eurofighter model  , I've built two of the things  and they really need all the help they can get , definitely a a case of a kit being produced down to a price 

Edited by Scotsman