LSP references database

LSP_K2

References Database: do you use it?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Are you aware that we have a references database?

• No, I never knew that
    • Yes, and I never use it
    • Yes, and I use it infrequently
    • Yes, and I use it a lot

There are a lot I have that arnt there, is there an email I can send photos and details to to be added to the database?

Absolutely, you can send the list to me, though I'd recommend just the title and publisher first (no cover scans), so I can verify their existence (or not), then if need be, I can get the additional details from you (author name, publishing date and cover scans).

That's true, assuming that PR is also listed in the "types" field, but is sometimes not, and then the book won't appear in the listing, even though it's in the database. The AJ Press volume 4 book on the Spitfire is an example. As a general rule, less is more when searching from the home page.

Another example would be Bf 109G-6/R6, vs Bf 109G. The Bf 109G will yield tons of results, the Bf 109G-6/R6 will yield nothing.

You may have highlighted something that could improve searching the database

Quite a bit of work, yes, and at present count, 5,609 titles included, so quite comprehensive indeed.

Oh, sorry, my fault. 

I thought it worked only for the short list of aircraft on the page.

Now, the search takes you to the others...

That's another story.

Hmm, I'm quite new here, you know.

:doh:

Oh, sorry, my fault. 

I thought it worked only for the short list of aircraft on the page.

Now, the search takes you to the others...

That's another story.

Hmm, I'm quite new here, you know.

:doh:

If you're referring to the "canned" listings, yes, that could be seen as misleading. I think that was a project that was started, but never followed through on, for whatever reason. K1 would most certainly know more about that than I.

If you hit the "View Full Index" button (and have the time to wait for the page to load), you'll see all 5,609 titles listed.

If you're referring to the "canned" listings, yes, that could be seen as misleading. I think that was a project that was started, but never followed through on, for whatever reason. K1 would most certainly know more about that than I.

If you hit the "View Full Index" button (and have the time to wait for the page to load), you'll see all 5,609 titles listed.

Yes, I was referring to the "canned" listings...

Now, I think putting the "Quick Search" thingie (from http://www.largescaleplanes.com/reference/) also to the top of the "Full Index" would be helpful...

Or some kind of "filter" to narrow the list....

Juraj

Yes, I was referring to the "canned" listings...

Now, I think putting the "Quick Search" thingie (from http://www.largescaleplanes.com/reference/) also to the top of the "Full Index" would be helpful...

Or some kind of "filter" to narrow the list....

Juraj

A full-search function has been part of the planned feature set from day one on this particular project (same with the Kit Database), but I just never found the time to implement it (or 100 other things). It's still on the list, however, and hopefully will get some attention at some stage - it's certainly overdue!

Kev

A full-search function has been part of the planned feature set from day one on this particular project (same with the Kit Database), but I just never found the time to implement it (or 100 other things). It's still on the list, however, and hopefully will get some attention at some stage - it's certainly overdue!

Kev

I find it rather easy to use, but that's just me, though my view may be somewhat tainted, as I use it all the time, (along with having access to the admin area as well).