tjtx

Birdcage Corsair

I second that opinion, amazing fit, I can see why some people have built a dozen of these. Do yourself a favor though, don't use the kit decals! I have never seen decals that thick! 

Ah yes, the now famous Tamiya "thick & chunky" decals.

Those are the Fine Molds nano aviation seat belts. This is the first time I have used them and I am now a huge fan of them! They're super easy to work with and I think they look great. The price is also fantastic. $15 for a box of 4.

How on earth did you order these? I cant make heads or tails of their website.

Guest Martinnfb

Clean and precise work Tony, as usually :). I just don't understand the reason for skipping the ignition wires ?

Cheers

Martin

Clean and precise work Tony, as usually :). I just don't understand the reason for skipping the ignition wires ?

Cheers

Martin

I started to work on them, and I can't get a clean look. I'm just not precise enough to make it look good. I can still add them, and I might try again at a later date.

Nice progress so far Tony. I debated wiring mine as well so I understand the trepidation.

On the Barracudacast correction set, the ring has dimples to help with drilling it for wires. Maybe on the next one?

Carl

I built 2 so far and i haven't wired either one. Using all those Barracuda decals in the cockpit used up all my reserve of "extracurricular" detailing energy.

Looks good from here. Also looks like you didn't have any problems getting the cowl pieces to fit.

-d-

I built 2 so far and i haven't wired either one. Using all those Barracuda decals in the cockpit used up all my reserve of "extracurricular" detailing energy.

Looks good from here. Also looks like you didn't have any problems getting the cowl pieces to fit.

-d-

Nope, fit perfect. I made sure to keep clean surfaces as I painted .

Looking good, I’m slowly making progress on mine too. I think the birdcage is the easier build (because the 1D has multiples of the same parts, which led to mistakes), but weathering is a bit more needed on the birdcage. I hope you weather the crap out of it!

Posted (edited)

Looks good buddy! Be careful of the wingfold part!.....Harv

Edited by Guest

Thanks guys. Mark, will you be at any of the contest this year or are you moving a ways away?

Not much to report, just some interior wing work.

20180419_164936-L.jpg

I am moving, but its looking like it wont be until July or August, so I hopefully will be at them. Anyone know the dates for them? I saw there was something at squadron.