tjtx

Birdcage Corsair

I needed a relief build to pair with my Felixstowe, and I was fortunate enough to trade for the Tamiya Birdcage Corsair recently. I figured that would be a fun one to add to the display case. The cockpit is done and internal painting is complete. After I spray the blue into the fuselage windows I can join the fuselage halves.

This will be finished as Spirit of 76 since I really like the three tone scheme.

20180317_215343-L.jpg

20180317_215401-L.jpg

20180315_180952-L.jpg

20180315_180929-L.jpg

20180315_180734-L.jpg

20180315_180807-L.jpg

Beautiful work. I just bought a birdcage during the one day eBay sale, so I'll be watching your build with interest

Nice-looking cockpit, Tony.

I think you will find that once the cockpit is assembled and painted up, the rest of construction goes much more quickly.

Make sure you DON'T glue the sleeves in the outer wings when the time comes to put them together.

-d-

Posted (edited)

Lovely cockpit, which seat belts have you used?

Those are the Fine Molds nano aviation seat belts. This is the first time I have used them and I am now a huge fan of them! They're super easy to work with and I think they look great. The price is also fantastic. $15 for a box of 4.

Edited by tjtx

Guest Clunkmeister

Dude......

Dude......

The Felix is still very much being worked on, it's just not in a new picture update state. This build is a great fuss free companion to the beast. I also need something for Nationals in 2019...