Sign in to follow this  
Guest The Southern Bandit

Guys ... and Some Gals, Cheerio

Guest The Southern Bandit
Posted (edited)

It is with serious regret that I'm now seriously considering dumping this site for good, please dont get me wrong, (I mean that) please don't get me wrong.

But honestly I've seen some really bad nasty behavior from long standing members here recently (Me included, I'm not innocent) and I mean that, have wondered why that was? and it simply must be down to Donald Trump, perhaps some forum members see him as a role model and follow his toxic example ... Its true, even those that oppose him have adopted his highly blunt toxic style at times and its really not my style, why would anyone want to behave like that and treat people like S$$t the way he does? :(

We've had some horrible crappy threads here recently bordering on hate and racism and its been let go as fine (until closed) ... about the joy of killing/sniping and worse, there is something seriously wrong going on here and it seems nobody is willing to face up to it.

I'm not a bad guy, I'm really not, I'd do anything in my power to help out anyone in trouble here, but enough is enough, it really is.

This is not the great bunch of guys I've got to know and love over the years and it is with much sadness I'm going to part company with you all.

Cheerio.

Edited by The Southern Bandit

Posted (edited)

Actually I have to disagree. I think this board is the best on the internet devoted to aircraft. Many others are just toxic with so many know it all's that if you don't fit their mold you get criticized for asking what is to them a stupid question. You will always have your strong opinionated people but I find that if you keep on topic and keep race, religion, and politics out of any threads you post, you'll keep most people happy. This forum and Model warships are the only two sites that are civil in discussion. Overall I think the mods do a great job and know when to shut some thread down whens it required.

I'm sorry to see anyone leave this forum so take a break and relax and maybe you'll come back at a later stage. i really hope you do as we have a great bunch of people here.

That's my take on it.

Edited by Maxim

Posted (edited)

Blowhards and windbags existed long before T, so I don't think it has anything to do with him. Don't let your disdain for him color your opinion of us, especially since he's not leading your country anyway (you're in the UK, right?). I'd hate to see you go, but if you can't separate your politics from your hobby, and let snarky comments get you down, then do what you must, and good luck to you, my friend!

Tim

Edited by BiggTim

To be honest, it's probably for the best as you can be your own worst enemy on here sometimes. Just look at your post here - why mention Donald Trump unless you're trying to incite those members who support him?

LSP is probably the friendliest, easiest modelling forum I've been on. Yes, occasionally one or two people will take things too far, or post something that is clearly in contravention of the rules, but it's usually very quickly dealt with. I left ARC, after being there for many, many years, because the Mods refused to deal with a handful of members who could get away with bullying other members with impunity. I left Britmodeller because I didn't fit in with the hardcore clique there (I don't think the Spitfire is the greatest aircraft of all time, and I don't think that Airfix are the greatest model kit company ever). On both occasions, though, I didn't post a 'Farewell' topic, I just closed my account and left.

LSP is the inet’s top site for scale modelling in 32nd scale or larger - if I wasn’t mistaken I’d say your posting here is bordering on a political troll... and, nobody is bitting! Leave if you will, but it will be a collective loss, for you and the membership. Stay, and we all benefit... your call.

Cheers

Alan

Posted (edited)

Oh Dear.

Most of us interact with an assortment of people on a daily basis, from our most intimate relationships to strangers on the street. Obviously, how involved we are with certain individuals will color the level and intensity of our interactions with them.

There are those people with whom we get along quite well while there are those who may be harder to connect and communicate with, who may give us an emotional run for our money. While some people have a tendency to take things personally a lot of the time, with almost anyone, the focus here is on relationships where a significant attachment has been formed..... in this case mixing and being proactive in a modeling

Forum{forums}.

When these others are supportive, encouraging, caring, and giving we may feel fairly satisfied in our life. But when those we are attached to are judgmental and critical, even aggressive and abusive toward us, we may find ourselves in conflict, caught between the need to have these people in our life for whatever reason, and satisfying our own needs. Sometimes, we make a “bargain with the devil†and end up giving a lot of ourselves away in order to placate { a }{significant }others, to make them happy, to keep the peace, to make them stay in our lives and share not only our knowledge but our friendliness (because we think we need them and sometimes WE do in order to survive or feel able to cope and carry out certain things in life and play).

Don’t jump to conclusions too quickly when you are being confronted. Don’t make assumptions about judgment or criticism seemingly directed at you. Maybe it’s not about you at all, but rather about them and their own perceptions projected onto you. In fact, it’s almost always about them, their issues, their needs, and their desire to control {you and/or} a situation.

Create a space between yourself and your reactions. Your initial response might be to react emotionally. If possible, don’t follow that kneejerk reaction. Take the time to rein in your emotions and assess what’s really happening before you respond.In general, it’s a good idea to create a healthy personal space around yourself. (A good visual is to imagine yourself in a meadow ..your own space...... )

Have a good day and I think this is your second attempt to leave LSP and you need to stay Well, healthy and safe ..best wishes..

Thank you

MARU 5137

Edit: spelt "best" wrongly. :doh:

Edited by MARU5137

Edit: spelt "best" wrongly. :doh:

Spelled 'spelled' wrongly too. Spelt: 

354-311-healthspelt.jpg

Something I have to remind myself, we are all using the same language here (mostly), that doesn't make us all the same. There are a multitude of different cultures here, so I make allowances

I doubt my sense of humour plays well with everyone as we don't all have the same cultural references and background

Richard

I see nothing wrong on this forum. Compared to a number of other forums I have see and been on this is one of the best. 

There is some bantering, of course. Occasionally one of us gets a bug in our ear but that is normal, We are humans.

You want to stay, stay.

You want to leave, leave. 

But do not expect people to behave the way you want. 

:popcorn:

Spelled 'spelled' wrongly too. Spelt: 

354-311-healthspelt.jpg

Something I have to remind myself, we are all using the same language here (mostly), that doesn't make us all the same. There are a multitude of different cultures here, so I make allowances

I doubt my sense of humour plays well with everyone as we don't all have the same cultural references and background

Richard

No Richard. I did not spell SPELT wrong...

:rofl:

Spelled or Spelt? Depends on Where You Live | Grammarly

https://www.grammarly.com/blog/spelled-spelt/

To be honest, it's probably for the best as you can be your own worst enemy on here sometimes. Just look at your post here - why mention Donald Trump unless you're trying to incite those members who support him?

LSP is probably the friendliest, easiest modelling forum I've been on. Yes, occasionally one or two people will take things too far, or post something that is clearly in contravention of the rules, but it's usually very quickly dealt with. I left ARC, after being there for many, many years, because the Mods refused to deal with a handful of members who could get away with bullying other members with impunity. I left Britmodeller because I didn't fit in with the hardcore clique there (I don't think the Spitfire is the greatest aircraft of all time, and I don't think that Airfix are the greatest model kit company ever). On both occasions, though, I didn't post a 'Farewell' topic, I just closed my account and left.

Bang on .

I am either completely blind or frequenting a different forum but i'm just not seeing any outward bullying.. 

I build models in order to escape the rigors of daily life, and while i'm not as prolific on the forum as some members, when i do come on here I enjoy spending time with like minded individuals who are mutually supportive and helpful when needed. 

If a rant does appear on the boards, its clear that any disputes or debates deemed offside are dealt with quickly and effectively, that said there is far more room for healthy discussion on here than other forums iv'e seen. 

Being a moderator on a forum is an unenviable task involving the overview of many members and subject discussions inevitably some inappropriate threads may briefly slip the net but LSP is one place where such behaviour appears to be dealt with rapidly. 

Southern Bandit Its your choice to leave but I do think you may come to regret that decision. Best of luck for the future.