Yak 9 M/T Silver wings 1/32

Zero77

Cool!  I didnt see this coming from SW honestly. I wonder how this will compare build-ability wise in resin to SHs Yak-3 in IM.

I dont know but the Silver Wings kit I've built (Curtiss P-6E) was a real pleasure. Actually easier than most of the SH kits i've built, except for the wing struts, a bit difficult to fit especially regarding their angle, the steel rod inside, and the fact that CA glue cure very fastly.

I'm sure that Yak-11 Yak-9 will be a treat !

And i'm building the Alleycat Yak-1b at the moment, it's pretty good in details, but the fit is not for beginners. My canopy is twisted and some parts like the flaps need to be remade from scratch (out of scale).

Edited by Zero77

Sorry Brian, i meant Yak-9 !

I think there are some 1/32 Yak-11 kits from XS models, but the 2 XS Model kits i have (Hughes H-1 and Curtiss R3C-2) really need a LOT of work (ultra soft details, thousands of bubbles, and so on...). Light years from a Silver Wings kit.

The last time i spoked to the owner of XS models, if i remember correctly he was looking for a subcontractor, so maybe the casting quality has improved but i cannot tell.

Edited by Zero77

Guest Clunkmeister

Martin, I said do backflips in the street, not do backflips onto the street.

I really need to update your English translator program...

:rofl: